Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tasty Carp!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Next we will be eating dogs! LOL J/K!
    Some people actually do. One of my friends tried it in Indonesia (not sure which island), and my dad mentioned that it was a menu item he saw in Java when he backpacked through South East Asia. I personally wouldn't try dog, but in parts of the world it is a valid source of protein. It's kind of like guinea pigs in Peru. We think of them as pets, but others think of them as food.

As for the carp idea, it is highly regarded in Europe as a sport fish and as table fair. Most things are tasty if prepared well, but I don't think I want to put in the effort to try with carp. Plus, most of the carp in So Cal come from polluted places. Maybe one out of Silverwood would taste all right...

Never mind. Don't eat the fish from Silverwood. They are toxic.
    Last edited by bsp; 05-29-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Eating fish from Silverwood is bad

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Some people actually do. One of my friends tried it in Indonesia (not sure which island), and my dad mentioned that it was a menu item he saw in Java when he backpacked through South East Asia. I personally wouldn't try dog, but in parts of the world it is a valid source of protein. It's kind of like guinea pigs in Peru. We think of them as pets, but others think of them as food.

As for the carp idea, it is highly regarded in Europe as a sport fish and as table fair. Most things are tasty if prepared well, but I don't think I want to put in the effort to try with carp. Plus, most of the carp in So Cal come from polluted places. Maybe one out of Silverwood would taste all right...
    I'm pretty aware of dogs and guinea pigs being an acceptable food source across the globe. I just felt that since carp is such a hated food source here in the U.S. it would be interesting to see the reactions of some FNN memebers here on the obard if I put dogs on the post. Yeah as for eating dogs and the little pigs I wouldn't eat them if I didn't have to.

Hi guys,
    ...My dad is an ole school farmer type from Nebraska, and we grew up eating carp. ....and prepared right, its actually VERY good.
    ...The key is to score the meat. A sharp filet knife making cuts (vertical to the body) about an 8th of an inch apart and half an inch deep or so makes sure than any small bones in the meat fry away. .....then salt, pepper, batter, and deep fry. ...........tasty.
    Carp gets a bad rap, imo.

Mike

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345