Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tasty Carp!!

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    No doubt , or that tool on Man vs. Food.. What a freaking Slob ! Makes good food look like sh&t !
    I know most people would agree with what your saying about food crtics, but come on cut them some slack. Although most food crtics on T.V. are total Bull S**t we should all at least give them some smpathy. Also they do have pretty interesting jobs instead of sitting at the office all day banging your head.
    Last edited by Ifishtoolittle; 02-05-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    I've brought home yellowtails, wsb, dorado, and a ton of other supposedly tasty fish yet my mom says why not just go catch her a carp instead. So yeah carp is good eating to some people.
    Hahaha. I know this is off topic, but i nearly fell off my chair after reading that!

I would bring home a wide assortment of fish like tuna, sand bass, yellowtail, halibut, rockfish...etc....and my mom would ask me why i can't ever seem to catch mackerel...lol...the same kind that you can get at almost any asian market on almost any given day for less than a buck a pound to use as bait! I remember one time, i baked a niceeeee fresh striper for a family dinner...and i overheard my brother telling his wife how he actually prefers deep fried tilapia more. What can you do, right? Taste is subjective. There are people out there who actually prefer imitation crab over real crab!
    Last edited by fish_sauce; 02-02-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish_sauce View Post
    Hahaha. I know this is off topic, but i nearly fell off my chair after reading that!

I would bring home a wide assortment of fish like tuna, sand bass, yellowtail, halibut, rockfish...etc....and my mom would ask me why i can't ever seem to catch mackerel...lol...the same kind that you can get at almost any asian market on almost any given day for less than a buck a pound to use as bait! I remember one time, i baked a niceeeee fresh striper for a family dinner...and i overheard my brother telling his wife how he actually prefers deep fried tilapia more. What can you do, right? Taste is subjective. There are people out there who actually prefer imitation crab over real crab!
    haha, yeah I know what you are talking about! My GF is Korean and when I go ocean fishing, we usually catch mackerel and use it as bait for some "good" fish. Then I bring home yellowtail and ling cod and whatever, and my GFs mom always asks me for the the makerel! haha... I threw the mack to the birds on the way back to harbor!

Quote Originally Posted by fish_sauce View Post

I guess asian moms all think alot alike. My mom tells me that she doesnt know what to do with big yellowtails and stuff so I filet them and she tells me why didnt I keep the head? Its the best part of the fish she says... Tilapia is another fish she cherishes....

Quote Originally Posted by BassMasterson View Post
    god I hate that guy! by the way thats his name.. Guy! total DB. Every time that TGIFidays commercial comes on, I gotta change the channel. Maybe its just me
    ya i hate his *** too, he goes leeching at every restaurant in the US haha.

I like the way this thread turned out.

Ya! carp is pretty gross in my opinion. What gets me is all the bones in it, but like they say, different folks for different folks.

I one time ate ostrich and it was good. I told my friends and they were just ragging and saying that f...en gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Koontaj View Post
    Ya! carp is pretty gross in my opinion. What gets me is all the bones in it, but like they say, different folks for different folks.

I one time ate ostrich and it was good. I told my friends and they were just ragging and saying that f...en gross.
    That is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Koontaj View Post
    but like they say, different folks for different folks.
    or even differnt strokes for different folks! either way...

alright i'll admit i hadn't heard that joke before and i LOL'd

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast