Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tasty Carp!!

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    It might be because that joke is as old as the hills C'mon BassMasterson did you think this was new material er somthing? The joke is actually better told using booze instead of manure as the punchline imho....oh yeah

TD
    ok ok, I'll leave the popsicle jokes at home

Bassmasterson,

For your next act, you should post up the video of the Afghani fishing with a RPG-7, or perhaps the video with the catfish that swallowed the basketball....maybe even the vid of the asian carp flying out of the midwest rivers....we haven't seen them vids enough already.

Just joking with you man!! The carp is a much maligned fish.....and deservedly so! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Bassmasterson,

For your next act, you should post up the video of the Afghani fishing with a RPG-7, or perhaps the video with the catfish that swallowed the basketball....maybe even the vid of the asian carp flying out of the midwest rivers....we haven't seen them vids enough already.

Just joking with you man!! The carp is a much maligned fish.....and deservedly so! lol
    Are you talking about the videos of guys bowfishing those jumping carp? cause I just saw that! thought it was pretty bad a**

Many asian people eat carp. My dad has some relatives back in laos who have 3-4 acre ponds just to raise carp for eating. I've brought home yellowtails, wsb, dorado, and a ton of other supposedly tasty fish yet my mom says why not just go catch her a carp instead. So yeah carp is good eating to some people.

My mom makes some mean arse pickled carp kinda dish. Good stuff with some sticky rice. I'll put up the recipe if anybody wants it but its pretty spicy.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    Many asian people eat carp. My dad has some relatives back in laos who have 3-4 acre ponds just to raise carp for eating. I've brought home yellowtails, wsb, dorado, and a ton of other supposedly tasty fish yet my mom says why not just go catch her a carp instead. So yeah carp is good eating to some people.

My mom makes some mean arse pickled carp kinda dish. Good stuff with some sticky rice. I'll put up the recipe if anybody wants it but its pretty spicy.
    Yeah, I think I read somewhere that carp was one of the first fish to be farmed in asia... I've never actually tried it to be honest! I used to hate on cat fish too, till i tried it! Now its one of my fav's. That is if someone else is fileting it, you need a hack saw to filet those things!

I saw a a show on the Food Network I forget he host name but its the dude with the blond spiky hair that hits up all the dive and diners across the country. One of the segments was all about a place in the mid-west where Carp was the most popular item. I think they scored them then breaded and deep fried them. I have to say it looked pretty good and the place was packed with people.

Almost forgot the kept the carp alive in what looked like a wading pool in the kitchen!
    Last edited by James343; 01-29-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post

Add a Dog and we can have Surf and Turf !!

Quote Originally Posted by James343 View Post
    I saw a a show on the Food Network I forget he host name but its the dude with the blond spiky hair that hits up all the dive and diners across the country. One of the segments was all about a place in the mid-west where Carp was the most popular item. I think they scored them then breaded and deep fried them. I have to say it looked pretty good and the place was packed with people.

Almost forgot the kept the carp alive in what looked like a wading pool in the kitchen!
    god I hate that guy! by the way thats his name.. Guy! total DB. Every time that TGIFidays commercial comes on, I gotta change the channel. Maybe its just me

Quote Originally Posted by BassMasterson View Post
    god I hate that guy! by the way thats his name.. Guy! total DB. Every time that TGIFidays commercial comes on, I gotta change the channel. Maybe its just me

No doubt , or that tool on Man vs. Food.. What a freaking Slob ! Makes good food look like sh&t !

I ate buffalo carp when back east out of some spring fed ponds/lakes. They were fillet and fried just like the crappie, they were very good. The only difference is the filets were scored in a checkerboard pattern so the meat cooked all the way through quickly. They were excellent. Am I gonna eat any carp out of balboa or reseda lake any time soon? Prolly not!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast