Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Species and a Legal Butt, Finally! Vietnamese New Year - Monday 1/26/09

Quote Originally Posted by jerryG View Post
    Although I don't know Wing personally his positive outlook and the inspiration he provides to others gives me and idea where he has been. Hang in BSP, the finish line is closer than you may think and well with in your reach. Having paid to finish that race myself I know how tough it can be however the great feeling of accomplishment and the experiences which come as a result of this achievement are well worth the sacrifices. I recommend fishing as often as your schedule allows. Fishing can play a critical role in maintaining your sanity through it all.

JerryG
    Thanks Jerry, that last sentence is definitely true.

Great work on the legal!

Default Wingnut's response.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Right now college IS the goal, and most of my cash is going towards it. I definitely am going to go, but it's still a ways off.
    Good luck kid, some of the best memories that I can recall were of my college years. You can look forward to fraternities, toga parties, little sisters... you know, all the things that your parents love to pay for as part of your college education.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherbabe View Post
    Happy Lunar New Year!!

Always enjoy reading your reports and pictures of the pups!
    Glad to entertain ya FB, Happy Lunar New Year to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    I LOVE THE ACTION SHOTS...t/o
    Bob, you shoulda let me put in a bet for ya on the big game!
    Sorry that I couldn't make the Striper Bowl my friend, but I knew you would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    JUST A GREAT REPORT Wingnut , beautiful water . I tried fishing long ago from shore in the salt and it kicked my butt , thats why I scuba dive with a spear gun now , ha . // db
    I remember my first few trips out in the surf... pretty harsh and took a bit of getting used to. Maybe its time you gave it another go? But the spear thing sounds fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by WalePescado View Post
    3 pugs?!?!

Congrats on the catch. How many nieces/nephews/whatever little kids to you get to gift money to this year?
    I only have one Pug, Wingnut Pug... the other two belongs to friends of mine, I was just babysitting.
    I only have one niece, thank goodness. But took care of a few kids that belongs to my closest friends.

Good to hear you got your first legal of 09 out of the way. I know I have mentioned this in the past but halibut respond extremely well to ripped jerkbaits.

Jerry G
    Yes you did Jerry, and thanks for the tip. One of these days I'm going to catch a Halibut throwing a lipless LC Wander 110. Benn trying from time to time, but can't seem to get the action just right yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    Hi Arthur and Happy New Year!

Beautiful fish in tough conditions. The action shots are great, and the results are very impressive.

Capt'n
    Hey Scott, Happy New Year to you too my friend. I know there's a lot going on lately, but if you need anything, just pick up the phone. Hope to get out there with you & Fishyboy sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Hey Arthur, Happy New Year !!! Nice going on the surf Thanks for the report and pics.
    Thanks Patrick... by the way, you don't look like the "Mall Cop".

Although I don't know Wing personally his positive outlook and the inspiration he provides to others gives me and idea where he has been. Hang in BSP, the finish line is closer than you may think and well with in your reach. Having paid to finish that race myself I know how tough it can be however the great feeling of accomplishment and the experiences which come as a result of this achievement are well worth the sacrifices. I recommend fishing as often as your schedule allows. Fishing can play a critical role in maintaining your sanity through it all.

JerryG
    Very well said Jerry... us "older" guys know what we're talking about.
    And yes, fishing is a great equalizer to rigors and hardship of everyday life.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    First of many, many legals I'm sure. When things calm down a little with the business I'll try to get back out there to the surf with you. Glad to see the reels we all pitched in to get you for Christmas are paying dividens!
    Are you back from Tampa yet? See you in a couple of weeks.
    Just landed this evening Phuong, glad to be home. I wished that I could say business was so good and I was too busy to to go fishing too. It's a good position to be in with this economy and I'm happy for you my friend. I will wait to wet a line with you and the fish will wait too.
    Those Plutons are great... laid claim to my first legal Hali with their help last weekend. See you later this month for the poker tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Thanks Jerry, that last sentence is definitely true.
    I echo that sentiment...

Quote Originally Posted by steve092 View Post
    Great work on the legal!
    Thanks Steve!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567