Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Lake Merced info. Sacramento Perch and dd Bass?

Default Lake Merced info. Sacramento Perch and dd Bass?

I went for a jog around Lake Merced last night partially to scout out potential fishing spots. I have been doing some research and found information that makes the Lake seem like a must try.

Anyone hear of big Largemouth and also Sacramento Perch being caught out of there? I know they stock rainbows. Here are some of the sources:

http://bss.sfsu.edu/holzman/Lakemerced/fish.htm

There was bass information on the PFIC off topic board of all places.

If anyone want to give this a lake a shot with me, let me know. That includes you Stephen!

Where is Merced at? I love fishing Sacramento Perch. If it is not to far from me I would love to meet up and give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by cjschock View Post
    Where is Merced at? I love fishing Sacramento Perch. If it is not to far from me I would love to meet up and give it a go.
    Merced is in the middle of the San Francisco. A little far from the OC. But if you are up here, let's do it. I did more research and it does not seem that the Sacramento Perch are still in the lake. The last time it showed up in fish surveys is 1939

With the regular trout stockings, and confirmation of big bass from another message board, it does seem to be a good lake to throw big swimbaits though.

Hey Kimochou, do you ever fish the delta up there? I heard there's some huge bass and stripers in those waters.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post
    Hey Kimochou, do you ever fish the delta up there? I heard there's some huge bass and stripers in those waters.
    Just moved up here from Hawaii so I have not had a chance to fish the Delta yet. It's kind of a drive from where I live but the fishing is legendary no doubt. Once I get settled and buy a boat or find someone with one, I'll hit it for sure. I hear it is so vast that you could spend a lifetime fishing all the spots. If you have a boat that you can trailer this way, let's do it!