Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Otay titan!!

Default Otay titan!!

Happy New Year!!! Decided to make my first fishing trip of the year at Lower Otay since the low moved in bringing a little rain. Got there at 6:05 to see a line of nearly 100 boats! Waited about 30 minutes before launching. Headed out to Otay Arm and anchored in 10 feet of water. Had a few nibbles after about 20 minutes. Didn't plan on staying long but did want to catch a fish, so I repositioned one of my rods and put it in the area of the nibbles. Before it even hit the bottom, the freight train started! I figured it was a channel, but when I set the hook and saw that the line was 20 yards on the other side of the boat, something felt weird yet familiar. I set the hook and the weight started adding on from 10 to 20 to 30 to OMG!!! The fight was on and lasted around 10 minutes or so. I netted the Titan while shaking from head to toe! I swore out it was over 100 but tilted the scale at a mere 82.35 pounds! Hmmm, I guess that will do...lol Not bad for my first fish of the year.
    Thank goodness I put on fresh 30 pound and new hooks last night. Until next time, meeooutttt and good fishing!

Oh, can't figure out this new picture posting size regulation so I give up. Take my word for it, it is nice... :-) Oh, there are some on westcoastcatmasters.com under San Diego fish reports. Meeooouuutt...

WOW~~~!!! that must be a monster...i think the rain is bring out the big boys....great job out there

DNG!
    I just checked the pic out on Catmasters. That Sucker is Huge!

Default Big

nICE FISH JUST LIKE A PLAYBOY CENERFOLD. LOL LOL GREAT CATCH AGAIN oNE DAY I HOPE TO CATCH ONE THAT BIG.

Don't give up, get even!

You probably need to reduce the size of the picture so that FNN can accept it. Resize it down using a photo lab program or email it to a friend (or PM me and I will give you my email address and take care of it for you).

Nice job on the fish monster!

WOOOOOHOOO That thing is a huge Pig, congrats on another fat cat.

Brother man, Brother man!!

"scale at a mere 82.35 pounds!"

Nice cat!!

MM

Dam thats a beast. Nice job.

DAM!!!!!!
    Here ya go bro...... Nice fishie....

Thats one big a** fish wtg!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast