Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World Record Bluegill

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Hey Ifishtoolittle, That WR Bluegill is 15 inches long! Where on the internet did you find out that there is a longer one? I would like to find out more about that fish.
    Ok here's a link to the stuff I was talking about Fishmounter. The picutre is very small, but this would have been the world record.

http://www.finefishing.com/1freshfis...h/bgillrec.htm

That's the one Farmy lost at Pyramid lake when he was 12 years old... He's never been the same!

This is the record red ear from Lake Cachuma. I had Lyon's and O'haver paint it in spawning colors. It weighed 4 pounds, 1 ounce.

Hey exfactor...Nice mount! This photo you posted is not in "spawning colors". You had it repainted in spawning colors right? When Redears go into the spawn, they get very yellow, especailly the males... Even brighter than this:

Not true...they get dark like that so when they are in the shallows, they are harder to see. They tend to blend in with submerged branches, and when you spot one, there is usually a bunch more around. Water visibility has a lot to do with finding them, and when it's dirty, you have to guess. I drive away from them now when it's spawn time, as I have noticably decimated the population in all the years I've hit them during spawn time. The 10 incher's are easier to fillet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post

This is the record red ear from Lake Cachuma. I had Lyon's and O'haver paint it in spawning colors. It weighed 4 pounds, 1 ounce.
    now thats a fat one cant wait to catch one in that weight class

I've actually caught them off of their nests and the females were yellow and FAT with eggs falling out. The males were even brighter yellow and would have white milt coming out. So go figure. I guess it depends on where you catch them, water temp, water color, etc. Down in the south they are yellowish when they spawn, but I've caught yellow spawners in Casitas too... I have caught some big ones while fishing crawdads for bass that were dark though, but these guys were from deep clear water.

heres one i got out of irvine regional a couple years ago on an xrap 8

There's no photo bassassassin!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123