Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rainy Day at the Pond...

Default Rainy Day at the Pond w/ Pics...

Me and my cousin got skunked a couple days ago, so we decided to brave the rain and go over to our local spot. Better luck today. My cousin started off the day with one of the nicest looking blue gills I've seen. Missed the photo op on that one. Then I got a smaller gill...

My cousin followed that up with the fish of the day

I got myself a bass

Then finally my cousin got another nice gill...

It was wet, but fun. All fish were caught with Nitro worms. I was trying every lure in my bag, but they weren't buying it. After we left the lake, we cruised down to Ray Bay in Seal Beach to search for some Hali's, but no luck there, Oh well!
    Last edited by BassMasterson; 01-23-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Default Good job

That looks like a sweet little lake.Does that place go off in the spring?

Quote Originally Posted by jbassc View Post
    That looks like a sweet little lake.Does that place go off in the spring?
    This place is the sh*t during spawn, but it is a private lake for residents only.
    Last edited by BassMasterson; 01-24-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Holly cow! Sure looks like a bad a** place to live. Front doors look like they are at the lakes shore. Oh yea nice fish.

Quote Originally Posted by BassMasterson View Post
    This place is the sh*t during spawn. There are some serious Fatties in here, but it is a private lake for residents only... gated...... that is to say, I've been kicked out on more than a few occasions! haha
    i know exactly where you are....its not so secret if you do not black out your background bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Bass ATTACK View Post
    i know exactly where you are....its not so secret if you do not black out your background bro.
    well if you already know, you already know! You'd have to have seen the place to recognize it! Still, Im not trying to blow this spot up, it was a lot better a few years ago.. I think it is getting over fished these days...

nice job... rain is fun... good catches.. very nice BG too..

Nice fish man! Hey just to let you know, those are not Bluegills, they are Redear Sunfish. Almost the same fish, but Redear usually grow larger than the 'Gills....

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Nice fish man! Hey just to let you know, those are not Bluegills, they are Redear Sunfish. Almost the same fish, but Redear usually grow larger than the 'Gills....
    crazy... This lake is very near an old toxic waste dump! I just thought it was something in the water! haha...

A for effort !!!! Thanks for the report!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast