Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please rain harder..

Default please rain harder..

so DVL will fill back up!!

Yeah right!!

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Marino; 01-23-2009 at 06:07 PM.

hahahahahahaha

Default yup.

Dude ... Pete ... I've had this SAME recurring dream for 89 nights in a row...

Default hahaha..

No doubt!!

Pete

If it rained hard enough to do that I think Noah would have to break out the ark again.

I baught my bassboat specially for DVL. What a decision that was!!! I refuse to rent a boat when the cost is more than my monthly boat payment.

Add to that that the bird hunting is always better after a good Spring rainy season.

Don't hold your breath...I was at a luncheon yesterday and the speaker was MWD Gen. Mgr. giving his outlook on the impending water reduction issues. Bottom line is DVL won't be filling up anytime soon.

The only minor good news is that the Colorado River basin is above normal for their rainfall and snow pack which means there is some water moving down through and will make its way towards socal.

Interesting fact from another meeting today - out of all the snow pack in the sierras last year, scientists estimated that over 40% of it never ran off into the streams and lakes, but rather, evaporated into the atmosphere due to the severe temperature changes from spring to summer. I guess 30 degree temps one week and 75 degree temps the next week do that.

[quote]Interesting fact from another meeting today - out of all the snow pack in the sierras last year, scientists estimated that over 40% of it never ran off into the streams and lakes, but rather, evaporated into the atmosphere due to the severe temperature changes from spring to summer. I guess 30 degree temps one week and 75 degree temps the next week do that[quote/]

If this were true, the Salton Sea would be dry

i just asked my lucky 8 ball and it said, "all signs point to yeah right!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast