Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: please rain harder..

I think youd be better off praying for another lakes dam to break and fill up DVL that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BingJr View Post
    I think youd be better off praying for another lakes dam to break and fill up DVL that way.
    ....or the US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals swings conservative and lets SoCal get the water they need.

very good barrister, damn 9th circuit, such a crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Don't hold your breath...I was at a luncheon yesterday and the speaker was MWD Gen. Mgr. giving his outlook on the impending water reduction issues. Bottom line is DVL won't be filling up anytime soon.

The only minor good news is that the Colorado River basin is above normal for their rainfall and snow pack which means there is some water moving down through and will make its way towards socal.

Interesting fact from another meeting today - out of all the snow pack in the sierras last year, scientists estimated that over 40% of it never ran off into the streams and lakes, but rather, evaporated into the atmosphere due to the severe temperature changes from spring to summer. I guess 30 degree temps one week and 75 degree temps the next week do that.
    i was wondering about that there was a lot of snow but no real level change to the good that i saw maybe it'll melt slower and there won't be any islands at saddlebag

Has the lake risen any yet? LOL

May give it a shot today, I'm too sick to go to work.

Default rain harder

yeah, we'll get a lot of rain, it'll fill the lake up, then they'll come up with the excuse that the launch ramp washed away!

Default Don't get it...

Sorry to sound stupid, but is this a joke? Isn't it good if the level rises? or are you guys being sarcastic?

I thnk DVL will get a few feet of rising water. I had a range guage( a Bucket ) and each day i've been getting about 2-4" of water. So come on baby fill up DVL!
    Last edited by Ifishtoolittle; 02-09-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12