Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abu Garcia Toro

Default Abu Garcia Toro

Thinking about getting this reel for smaller swimbaits for fresh and saltwater. Anyone have this reel? Wondering if it's worth $275.00 .

get a calcutta. i personnally like em better. or my favorite is a curado. the new one.

The Revo Toro is a sweet reel... That 60 size is an awesome offshore reel..

Would love to try one out, havnt had the opportunity to handle one yet.

Awesome reel!! I love Shimanos and had 3 curado 300s just one now, and have the calcutta conquest, the toro is my new favorite reel for throwing the big baits!!! I preffer low pros and this reel fits the bill nicely!! Plus you have the option of buying a 5.4:1 or 6.4:1. Plus if you buy one right now, you get a free pair of wiley X glasses $130 value or there is a $20 off rebate. Also tacklewarehouse sells the 50 for $239

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    The Revo Toro is a sweet reel... That 60 size is an awesome offshore reel..

Would love to try one out, havnt had the opportunity to handle one yet.
    What line & lures would you fish the size 60 offshore?

Quote Originally Posted by spooky007 View Post
    Awesome reel!! I love Shimanos and had 3 curado 300s just one now, and have the calcutta conquest, the toro is my new favorite reel for throwing the big baits!!! I preffer low pros and this reel fits the bill nicely!! Plus you have the option of buying a 5.4:1 or 6.4:1. Plus if you buy one right now, you get a free pair of wiley X glasses $130 value or there is a $20 off rebate. Also tacklewarehouse sells the 50 for $239

Al

Yeah, i'm really liking Low pro baitcasters vs. round reels. I fished the Curado 300 last summer in salt. Handled well against Cudas & Bonitos. Round reels were being left behind more and more.

Soso stick with shimano!!

Quote Originally Posted by SOSO View Post
    What line & lures would you fish the size 60 offshore?
    Me?? I would fill it with 30# spectra and top shot with up to 17# for anything you may get up to 25# fish.....
    That would be anything you may get in local waters..

Private boating would be fun, cattle boats they frown on fighting them to long.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Me?? I would fill it with 30# spectra and top shot with up to 17# for anything you may get up to 25# fish.....
    That would be anything you may get in local waters..

agreed. you could even go up to 50lb spectra with the toro. i use 30 on my revo and its the stuff.

The Toro is a pretty sweet inshore reel. Matched with a swimbait rod, it can fire swimbaits and light irons. It is great in-hand and casts better than any freespinning reel I've ever used(not including DC's). However, if you are thinking about using a low-profile reel offshore, stick with the Curado 300. The Toro just doesn't have the torque to land fish like albacore or yellows. I fished with both this past summer and I'm not denying the Toro in the least. It would be great for freshwater swimmies or fishing inshore saltwater. But when it comes to big game, it just can't hang with the Curado. Hope that helps you make your decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast