Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick mid day at Yorba Regional

Default Quick mid day at Yorba Regional

Took a long lunch and headed a couple blocks down from my office to Yorba Regional. They got stocked recently and I was hoping that the lake wasn't already fished out. Set up at my spot and on my first cast in less than 5 minutes my bobber starts to move....bam, set the hook and landed this guy.

It was like this for 2 hours. I had 2 poles but never got the chance to even set up the other one. Hits every 5 minutes.

After a few minutes this guy from the other side of the lake rides over and starts shooting the sh** about what i was using to catch so many fish. He ended up being my net guy and helped me land about 4 more.

About half hour before I pack it up, this nice man sets up near me and just kept shaking his head every time I hooked up. I set him up with my secret (more on that in a few) and bam he hooks up. As we get to talking about fishing at the local park and our backgrounds, he tells me that he's a recently retired U.S History teacher after 30+ years at Esperanza High. Same high school that my wife graduated from in the early 90's, what are the chances..not just that but he actually remembered my wife and described her perfectly, yes he had her in his class. Not only was she his student but he vividly rembers her because as a History assignment she had her Grandpa as a guest speaker. Grandpa was a P.O.W. survivor of the Bataan Death March. Here is Mr. Smith with the fish that he landed using the secret sauce. Funny thing is I set the hook for him while he was at his car taking his blood pressure medicine .

Fish were caught using garlic power bait as well as powermouse combo, all covered in the killer "Rooster's secret sauce". Dont ask, its not my secret to share! Ended up with about 12 fish, only 3 keepers and the rest were dinks and released. Gave the trout to my net man, he was stoked. Water was still green but not too bad and not a lot of weeds. Thanks for reading.

Manny

P.S. - this is my first photobucket attempt, hope it works.

looks like the photobucket works. Nice job

Dude, I'm there this weekend.
    Which Lake did you catch them at?

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    Dude, I'm there this weekend.
    Which Lake did you catch them at?
    Thats lake #2. The main lake...

It was like this for 2 hours. I had 2 poles but never got the chance to even set up the other one. Hits every 5 minutes.
    I count 24 fish at that rate.....

How do you safely release 20 trout caught on Power Bait & 1/2 Oz weight...

I guess the 'next guy' can just net 20 dead trout....
    Who cares right. you had your fun...

I could see it if you were using Artificial and lip hooking only.. But Power Bait is a Fish Killer....
    Sad, sad Read....

Good job! Sounds like a fun day. My friend was there last Saturday and said he caught 3 trout in about 45 minutes. One was 3 lbs.

Its generally easy as pie within the first week of stocking at lake #1 or #2 depending on the stock.....way to go man!

Mr. Smith...what a catch and you retired! Glad to hear it and good luck with everything and I promise I will never come to class smelling like "grass" ever again! ...catch any waves lately!

When they are biting that well you should try using some lures.

Congrats to you on getting to them before anyone else, cormorants included.

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    When they are biting that well you should try using some lures.
    Agreed.

It's more fun to have a trout slam a lure.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Fish were caught using garlic power bait as well as powermouse combo, all covered in the killer "Rooster's secret sauce". Dont ask, its not my secret to share!
    Manny, i should have warned ya about that sauce bro. It will get ya in trouble at times. Big Problem is it works twice as well on lures

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast