Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great MLK weekend and some tourney $$$

Default Great MLK weekend and some tourney $$$

Like most of you I had been looking forward to the Team57 gathering for quite some time and I planned on making the most of it by camping out and enjoying a few nights under the stars.

Got off work a little early Friday and met up with Shawn Arnold who hooked us up with copies of one of my favorite fishing publications "Fish Taco" chronicles...thanks for the mags and case of Yellowtail Ale Shawn...good stuff!!!

Got to the Vine just after 4pm to meet up with the gang....Budman had secured a spot for us and Timster followed shortly thereafter with a truck full of wood for the weekend...between that and what Budman brought we were set for the weekend....thank you guys! Friday was a big time Team57 party attended by many, (if I fail to mention you chime in) Doctorhook, Emilio aka Pargo, Captain Boracho, Fisherman101, Candyman and his boyz, Budman and his nephew Justin and his gf, Irish Camel, IC Jr, BingJr and I had a blast(who am I forgetting!?) Here are some photos I took that night....

Binger and Team Boracho having "the talk"

Pargo wearing Candyman's hat,Gentleman Jack is so inspirational!

I swear Budman has eyes somewhere!

Stayed up late but amazingly still got up early for a day of trolling on Bing's GreenMachine....we baited down for the first hour and trolled the rest of the day in an effort to nail a bigger model. While baiting down we fished near Latefisher and his crew, Mav and CRVZ cruised by as well

One of the cool things about trolling are the things you see along the way...

TeamKoshaw with fish kissing cutie Tracy at the helm....I think Koshaw should treat us both to dinner to break the ice!

We came across a Master qualifying fish caught on the troll...check out the fish in the net, might be time to get a bigger net? WTG folks!

I got the first fish on a firetiger jointed rapala...cool skunk be gone!

Binger was next on rotation and nailed this bow after saying "lets make something happen by trolling closer to shore"....good call dude!

This gentleman was dropped off in a precarious spot, but it was a good call by the looks of it!

Bumped into the Budman8Crew out on the lake...

Bruce and OFG(aka "not Bruce's Wife" )

TeamTruckChaser packing it up for the day....sorry guys, gotta call it like it is

Did everyone hear about the pontoon I recently purchased? Whaddaya think?

Finished the day with 1 fish each, but was happy we stuck to our guns and trolled basically the whole day in pursuit of a tourney qualifier...it just was not meant to be. Headed in for the day to meet up for the Team57 raffle and potluck....what a great time we had. Plenty of familiar faces and new people to meet....that is what it is all about imo.

The man himself none other than VineAssist Jimmy Getty, apparently Jimmy starved himself for three days so he could enjoy Hitts cooking

This might be my favorite picture of the weekend....TM65 and Hitts showing his better side, representing TeamNCB

"Dan Da Man" getting his first dose of Trollmeister!

Nice turnout as always for the Team57 events

Some of the "Bass Mafia" hanging with the "Don of big bass baits" Matt Duarte

Fusion MetalWorks was well represented...a special thanks to all the sponsors and to those who contributed to the raffle! We are in the company of very generous people here on FNN.

Dunno whos fish this was, but looked too good to pass up snapping a quick shot!

"c'mon call my number Dana!"

Flyngby and the "OG Vine guru" enjoying the festivities...

Bullets, Hitts and "the last of the great thinkers" Kalidawg

The God Father about to raffle off a mini fridge, one of many prizes to be had..."Ta-da!"

CLASSIC!!!

Of course the event ended too quickly as light faded to darkness, but the party was just getting started for those that camped out with us Saturday night...Trolly tried showing us how to dry a sock on the fire

This sock was blessed and in the end very "holey"

The party lasted well into the night once again and when I awoke at 5am I knew it was going be a later start for me. Crashed out for another couple hours, had some breakfast and headed to the flats to meet up with Kalidawg,Timster,DrHook,DirtyGirl, FishinBrat, Kewly, 2Quick, Magic Mitz and later Trolly and Hitts....what a good time that was!

DG and FB showing off some of the goods for the day

Trolly, Hitts and Timster enjoying the day....

Michelle and her daughter Jo getting in on the action after a little advice from Team57....helping people get "hooked" is what it is all about!

"WESTSIDE!!!!"

2Quick with a bendo on the Pink Panther pole!

The man the myth "The HooK"....you da man Art!!!

Look for this rock and you are bound to find fish...right Kewly?

Sunday coming down on the Vine

DrHook giving filleting lessons...

Before and after shot

A sure sign the fish cleaning station is all clear

Granny and Grandpafish...FNNs #1 couple

Trolly the cab driver?

I planned on leaving that night, but all the chips fell my way and was able to stay another night to fish on Monday.....I was very glad I did so!

Woke at 5am and was ready to grab my favorite spot on TroutIsland, what a beautiful start to the morning....

Fished the point next to 2Quick, and a few other good people...a few I met before and a few I hadn't, great group of people including "Turbo"!

I call this shot "Outside the buoys Guys!"

Rounded out the day with my first 5 fish limit of the weekend including a 2.8lber that earned 3rd place and $92 for my first money winning fish at the Vine....the Masters is next!

Had a great time at the raffle, including a first class fish fry by the master himself DrHook and his family...thank you again Art!!! Art fried up 27 trout and fed over a dozen people....what a great guy.

WHOEVER IS MISSING A GREEN CHAIR YOU LEFT IT AT OUR CAMP SITE, OMAR HAS IT AND WILL SELL IT BACK TO YOU CHEAP!!!

If you made it this far you are very dedicated....thanks for reading,

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 01-22-2009 at 02:25 AM.

WOW!!! that was one heck of a weekend for ya looks like lots of fun out there man...i need to make sure i make it out to the next outting at least u made some cash for a couple more trips

Hey great pic-post there TD~! Thats 1 of my clothing sponsor shout out spot! As for fish, its ok hehehe

The difference between your fish and our's was just .2lbs and $40. Dang it
    hahaha. Nice seeing you out there.

TD,
    Nice report and pics! Thanks again for helping me out on the product delivery.

Anyone know what happened to Lakeside Boats? There were initially planning on displaying two G3 boats at the event?
    G3's are really nice boats!

See ya out there soon
    R

As in most of the events, the people far out classed the fish. I had a blast Friday night and Saturday. The FNN family is really made of up wonderful peeps and sharing a day on the water with my boy TD is always a great day.

Thanks again to all the peeps and the donations. I love my rod holder and Tray that I won, they are fantastic.

Thanks again FNN and Dana.

TD
    sweeeeeet report

great recap and great pix to detail a great weekend

thanks for all that you do bro.....1000% contributor and it is appreciated!!

major props on your $$ fish!!

laters
    G$

TD congrats on a weekend you wont soon forget. Your reports always bring a smile to my face. Thx again for everything you do bro.

TD,
    Nice report and pics!
    Now that's a nice weekend fish fish fish WTG on 3rd place!

Nice report and pictures. Congrats on placing in the tournament for your first money fish at The Vine. Hope you make the Master's. With all the time you've been putting in there, you deserve it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast