Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: not all fiction; mlk sunday

Default not all fiction; mlk sunday

Weekends are the only times I can get down and dirty, so unfortunately FisherBrat and I missed the Team 57 partay.

I ran 50 miles in Catalina on Saturday but felt refreshed enough to hit the vine Sunday

So i packed up the FisherBrat and our gear and got to the gate at 1am. Sleeping upright in the truck was probably not the best recovery.

We got to the flats around 6:15; only a couple of trucks were already there so we had plenty of space to park and settle in.

We met up with our favorite dudes, art (dr. hook) and plastics superstud timster and 2quikmotorwerks (omar)

Shortly thereafter kawlidawg (ryan) joined the fun but seemed more interested in doing wind sprints up and down the shoreline rather than tending to his rods, which were getting hit all morning.

FisherBrat nestled in to his favorite spot in the weeds and started reeling them in.

The hot bite for the FisherBrat was the Timster special pink plastic powermouse set up, claiming 5 victims by 9:30. The bite slowed down considerably, so FisherBrat changed up his colors to orange powerworms; he also decided to change his socks, from to

The sock changing strategy was a brilliant move; as soon as the boot came off the rod got hit.

luckily, TroutDog Aaron delivered me some Hot Rod Holders. Rodger Yamada (Yamafish) of FUSION METALWORKS got us some awesome rodholders so FisherBrat was able to hop over in time to claim his next victim.

Art was on fire as usual and FisherBrat expresses awe at Omar's fishing abilities

Grand Master Mittz noticed a mom and her girl having trouble nearby. He brought Michelle and daughter Jo over and the Team 57 ambassadors got to work. While Timster was doing his magic to their lines, Art got hit. He set the hook and handed the rod to the girls for the score.

My personal trainer Trollie came by with his wing man Hitts, and later in the afternoon, granny and mike came ashore and hung out for awhile. Always good times when they join the fun.

We took a break to hit the weigh in and were blown away by GMoney's brute: . Congrats Greg! You da Man!
    and a very special thank you to Clinton and Diesel for giving Garrett that beautful Bass Rod. That was so very kind and generous.

We finished the day with 7 fish, all under 2 pounds. Thanks Team 57 friends for a dirty day at the vine!

Keepin it dirty,
    Dirty Girl

Now that's a cool report... very creative.
    Looked like the Team 57 party continued into Sunday, good times!
    Congrats on the catch & thanks for the great report.

That was very unique!

Eric

Wow I have to say that im really think im the best report on Fnn,but this here topped me off !! Very nice report! I loved it!

OMG that report was classic

DG you are a Team57 studette, thanks for all that you do!

2Quick "Baracus"...I sure hope to chill this Halloween with Omar, now that we have his costume all picked out!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 01-21-2009 at 12:05 AM.

Now that is how reports should be done!

Bravo!

DG, you and FisherBrat sure have come a long way since I first meet you both at the Lagoon last trout Season. Great report & pics.

Very Creative Great job out there at the vine!!!

DG
    you rock!! 50 miles on catalina to 24 hours at the vine.....yo go girl!!!
    it was nice gettin to see ya on sunday!!
    THIS IS BY FAR MY FAVE REPORT I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME!!

oh....even after all these years....Im still sooooooo in love with Linda Carter hubba hubba

thanks again for a great post and awesome pix

keep it dirty!!

laters
    G$

Sometimes the truth is harder to believe than fiction.

Thanks for the BBQ pork sandwiches, that really hit the spot. You were all on fire in that spot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast