Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC park lake on 01/19/09

Default OC park lake on 01/19/09

I decided to go fishing again, taking advantage of the warm weather that we are having. This time I decided to hit up a new lake about the size of 2 football field but shallow with no structure. Most of the lake is probadly about 5 to 6 foot deep and shaped like a dinner plate.

I got 2 solid hits on my senko and missed them both. These were aggressive strikes that straighten out my line. I had on a bad hook and didn't even know. The point has broken off about 1/16 of an inch and it was dull like a toothpick. Man !!! I worked hard for 3 hours and missed both hits because I was too lazy to check my hook. The hits came at about 2 to 3 PM way out far, a good 40 to 50 yards from shore.

I decided to try another park, that is closeby, which I caught some fish at last week. Similar to this one but about half the size. This time I decided to use a Team Daiwa lipless crankbait in shad pattern. I didn't have my crankbait rig so I had to use my coffegrinder and it wasn't that bad. The medlight rod has the right action for this bait.

After about 3 cast, I hooked up about 60 yards from shore and it felt good. After a pretty decent fight, it turned out to be a 2lb catfish. I was a little disappointed but not totally supprised. I started burning this bait everywhere in this small pond and landed a 1 pound bass 20 minutes later. Then something BIG hit. I felt the strong strike before the sizzling drag-pulling run of 5 seconds then slack line. Man, I was pissed. That was a nice bass but I'll never know now.

I then hooked up again in 10 minutes, this one stayed down low and shooked his head. Again, the line went slack. I lost another one but it didn't feel like a nice fish. I kept on fishing the same way, got hit again ( this time it took 30 minutes or so ), and landed a fat one about 3 pounds. This guy actually jumped, my first bass of 09 that jumped. This one, I took a picture of and attached below. Notice that I brought along a plastic bag to put him on so the slime coat is not damaged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	llRattle.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	9847  
    Last edited by Vman; 01-20-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Nice frish! Good job!

Japo

Nice looking bass!!! I am kinda wondering how you could have missed having a broken hook though?

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg View Post
    Nice looking bass!!! I am kinda wondering how you could have missed having a broken hook though?

I clipped the whole bait off ( with the hook buried in the senko ) last time and put the whole thing in my box. My senko supplies was running low so was being cheap. I simply tied the whole thing back on without checking the point on the hook.
    Last edited by Vman; 01-20-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Lol looks like the talking billy the big mouth bass
    Last edited by DccFISHerMan; 01-20-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Default Bass

Thats Comedy!

I get a kick of how you describe the lakes... ha ha Nice bass

thats a nice catch!!!!!!good job on the plastic bag if it helps!

PureAle

Just hope you didn't put it in the plastic bag after the photo... You know, it's not that hard to hold the fish out in front of you to take a pic. Why even take a chance of removing "slime coat" for a pic...

Quote Originally Posted by richaaron View Post
    Just hope you didn't put it in the plastic bag after the photo... You know, it's not that hard to hold the fish out in front of you to take a pic. Why even take a chance of removing "slime coat" for a pic...
    Maybe the plastic bag was that so his nice rig wouldnt get scratched on the ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast