Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peck road lake: Spots

Those are the guys that needed to be ko'd!

Quote Originally Posted by jbassc View Post
    im not sure exactly but im thinking its in the neighborhood of 30 to 50 feet deep in the deepest part.
    peck is alot deeper than that...peck is an old gravel pit that has been dug up for all it could provide...if you have ever fished the spill way you can see the markers that indicate depth at full pool...and it's way more than 50 feet...

i used to fish peck alot...and she did provide... i havent fished it in a while...but there were times and places that always produced and everything was about timing. figure out the timing and those fish do come up from the depths...

[QUOTE=GLOOMISBOY;299415]peck is alot deeper than that...peck is an old gravel pit that has been dug up for all it could provide...if you have ever fished the spill way you can see the markers that indicate depth at full pool...and it's way more than 50 feet...

i used to fish peck alot...and she did provide... i havent fished it in a while...but there were times and places that always produced and everything was about timing. figure out the timing and those fish do come up from the depths...[/QUOTE

Like i said i was estimating i dont think even you know the exact depth of that place.

I guess its a no...ha ha. Im going to hit up hollenbeck and lincoln park tonight. I usually go to irvine but since cashflow is low I have to settle for less. Its firme/cool, I usually get a couple from these lakes. People get scared to go at night because of the gang activities. I grew up their so i know the people in that area....Shoot! They fish too, so it cool...their actually on break..

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian323 View Post
    how deep is peck anyways? some of those gravel pits look like they could be pretty deep.
    There's a dept meter stick on the southwest side of the lake (dam side). Don't remember the what the reading on the stick was the last time I fished that side of the lake.

I know that the water level has been dropping lately.

Default depth

It gets around 200 ft around the dam.

North-East L.A. / West San Gabriel Valley

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post
    There's a dept meter stick on the southwest side of the lake (dam side). Don't remember the what the reading on the stick was the last time I fished that side of the lake.

I know that the water level has been dropping lately.
    water level is heading back up now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02-16-09_1445.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	10397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02-16-09_1459.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	10398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02-16-09_1438.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	10399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02-16-09_1454.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	10400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02-16-09_1442.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	10401  

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian323 View Post
    water level is heading back up now!
    i was there yesterday, and it looks like the water level is up by 8 ft at least. all the signs around the lake are under water. too bad the water condition is really bad. it's has that mud brown color from the rain run off.

Default Peck lake

Good place for the undercovers to go. They can fish and catch poachers at the same time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12