Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there a difference between these 2 loomis rods

Default is there a difference between these 2 loomis rods

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...372&hasJS=true

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...372&hasJS=true

the first one is a swimbait rod the second is a casting rod...will the casting rod toss bigbaits just a sgood? its rated up to 10oz baits...

Before the Loomis swimbait series came out the BBR was the only rod that was strong enough to handle the big baits. That BBR will handle large baits but the new swimbait series is better suited and has a higher modulus than the GL2. I believe it's more like a GL3.

thanks guy! That site has way more info on rods! Seem a lil cheaper to... I guess theres not that much of a diference... Its weird that the rod labeled swimbait rod only handles a 6oz lure when the casting handles a 10...

Default Not the Rod!

No way. That Rod can be beat easily. Performance, price, lots of better rods out there. With that rod, I could only throw 85-90 yards and it felt heavy, kind of akward. With my current set-ups, I can dump 100+yards easily all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by DKCbassman View Post
    No way. That Rod can be beat easily. Performance, price, lots of better rods out there. With that rod, I could only throw 85-90 yards and it felt heavy, kind of akward. With my current set-ups, I can dump 100+yards easily all day long.
    what setup are you rockin? I need one fast! Faster than asap haha

IMO there isn't much of a difference between the new swimbait rods and the BBR series. The calico special I'm using was the equivalent to the BBR965C and cost a lot less. It gets the job done so I felt no need to pay more for the Loomis.

if ur talking about the gl2 there might be no difference but the blank and components are much better on the gl3. the californian in no way is the same as the gl3 blank. that thing is heavy and unbalanced.

So DKCbassman what rod are you using to toss ur swimmies?

the gloomis GL3 BBR965 is no more now one is call SABBR965 still the same thing but in new design or you can go with GL2 BBR966 or GL2 BBR964

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast