Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Vine with T.O. 1/17

Default The Vine with T.O. 1/17

Here we go with one of the fullest contest days i've seen at the Vine-

Hooked up with T.O. (uncleB) saturday in hopes of landing some trout, and possibly another winner for the salmanoid phenom patrol- Agreed to meet T.O. at the Vine at a certain time...got to the lake at 530, wow...ran into m&m, timster right away at the lines...i was sent to the back(lol) of the line, which was all the way in the storage parking..sweet, i can now catch some Z's lol.. By the time i made it in the gate, it was almost 630 hahahaha...got my gear, and headed to uncle b, who was in the water, ready to go-. Ran into alot of 57 members (sorry don't know all the names, but thanks for the compliments and more!) as i was walking down the launch ramp. With my gear in the S.P boat, we then launched out...wow, so many boats, and so many people...amazing, how filled the lake is...i think that was the fullest i've seen it in a longgg while. We got to the main thing and trolled...started out metering the trouties, so we were ready...we pulled out our arsenal (what a huuge arsenal btw), from dvl winners, to pvr, convict, crowley lure slayers...but we stuck to basics since most of the newbie trouts probably never saw such things! hah...

About 30mins into the troll, we get our first hookup, a nice chunky 2.5lbr...skunk off, time to play! Got to trolling again, but so much traffic, we had a few tailgaiters for a minute, but a quick shake of the troll/and more (thanks uncle B for those lessons hahahha) we were shaken free from them. Ran into TD, BingJR, Maverick-fam, rooster, team trolltoon, one toe, poxy out in the water during the day, and seemed to be having a tough day...by noon, we had 3 aboard and lots of hits and misses- (shy hits-big hits, no takers!) So I decided to take the S.P. into other territorys...by the story telling from striper runs, to pvr madness i was happy to have a day on the boat with uncle B as always...We ended the day with the 3 trout and headed up to the 57 parlee-

-the rest is history- What a Great 57 Event! To those who didn't make it, you missed out! Food galore, and prizes to make any unhappy fisherman happy! Wingnut you are the man, thanks brudda- we're gona slay it come striper bowl and more! Nice putting some of the faces to the names here on the FNN with the 57members that i met! One of the coolest things i saw was when matt duarte got a bad ***** lure from this guy (sorry 4got your name) and gave it up- sometimes fishing is giving...Thanks Uncle B-anyone who wants to catch fish, on any lake!... please get yourself on one of Trout Only Guide Services...fish and knowledge, one of the true ways...also TO will be doing tutorials soon at Bass Pro Shops- CONGRATULATIONS!!

anyways, till nextime

FISH ON!
    -kewly

Great report kewlwhip, see you at the striper bowl.

Great to meet you on the water! You are right...what a great showing. The event was better than the fishing!!

Quote Originally Posted by LateFisher View Post
    Great report kewlwhip, see you at the striper bowl.
    thanks, cool see ya there!

Quote Originally Posted by MAVERICK27 View Post
    Great to meet you on the water! You are right...what a great showing. The event was better than the fishing!!
    :D equally true!

Kewly is the COOLEST!
    Always great to see you and having fun swapping fish stories with Uncle Bob.

You and Bob will have to kill those Linesides without me at the Striper Bowl... Got the confirmation, I'll be out of town that weekend.

Kewly, always great to see you. Glad you got on a few fish and had a good time.

Kewly!!!! you and TO are amazing. Would love to fish with you guys sometime......OFG

Kewly, Glad i finally got to meet ya bro. Looking foward to seeing ya on the water soon. Sorry for tossing the broken rod at you and Bob early morning I was trying to make you guys laugh then i realized,, These guys dont even know me... Psycho Fisherman

Koolaidio N' bAWWWWb.......phenomNall.......

I should troll more and talk less!!!

Friendly Kewl.

O_L

Kewlwhip,
    Nice talking about the good ol DV days with you and T.O on the docks, did not make it to the festivities, but by the look of the pictures it looked like a great time missed-oh well have to make the next FNN event. Spent most of the time on the water with the family this was our 1st trip to the VINE- so it was nice to be on new water and see "whats down there", anyway we left the lake on good intentions of coming back some time. Hope to see you at the striper bowl, bringing P-Wynn, the boyz of Hemet will be out in force....

Oh yea- Nice seeing Trooltoon and meeting Troutdog on the troll, see you guys again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast