Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/17/09@dvl with ART BERRY

Default 1/17/09@dvl with ART BERRY

well got to the gate about 5:oo am.slept for a while till they opened at 7:00 am on the dot.met up with art berry we were the second boat on the water.took along a buddy of mine for the trip,it was his first time ever fishing for largemouth and it was his first time fishing with a bait caster.but all the way to the lake we kept telling him largemouth and smallmouth throw back don't keep they are only good for catching not for eating.so i think we did pretty good instilling in his head catch and release only.but now if we ran into stripers they die they fry.so now to the fishing on the way to the first spot there were a lot of tumble weeds in the water took a pic of one very distinctive looking.

we tried everything till i pulled out the old CONGO PUNKER and it came through once again when the fishing was tough.

so on to the next spot we threw everything but the kitchen sink at em for nada so guess what went back to old faithful yup the CONGO PUNKER and it came through once again.

well through out the day there were plenty of missed opportunities but all in all we had a great time on the water with art berry.oh yeah once again we targeted stripers and caught largemouths now thats not a bad thing but believe me i'll catch them stripers.well good luck to all at the diamond.

FIRST!

Those are pigs. How much did they weigh in at?

PureAle

nice.

who makes the kongo punker?

Quote Originally Posted by dodoman View Post
    who makes the kongo punker?
    I believe they're made by a guy that goes by the name of "Horse Face." That's the only information I've been privy too.

I see the rats found somewhere to hibernate in during the winter months.

Nice fish. Thanks for the pics and report. Cindy

Dang!

Those are some big ones!

way to go on the homemade lure!!!! but you could'nt think of something more original than "punker" i believe that one is already taken!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I believe they're made by a guy that goes by the name of "Horse Face." That's the only information I've been privy too.

I see the rats found somewhere to hibernate in during the winter months.
    lmfao!!!!!!!^^^^

Those are some pigs you got there!

Nice going...Art and Gang, I have a feeling there's some more quality fish to be caught from here and it's just around the corner.

Tight lines all
    Last edited by snag; 01-20-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Crazy hair. Nice Bass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast