Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's hitting the E.Sierras In May?

There is a place called "Whispering Pines" it's between June Lake and Silver Lake. It's perfect for the fisherman that's looking for a basic place. It has a kitchen so you can take your own food. Cable tv and continental breakfast every morning. Plus they have a jacuzzi and spa perfect after a long day of fishing. The owner is really cool and even gave us some local hot spots to hit up. It's only about 15-20 min from Convict Lake and 30min from Bridgeport. To top it off your only 5 minutes from the "Tiger Bar" in June Lake. They have a special on their web page that's called "Name your own price". Last year we went the week before Memorial day and payed $50 a night.

www.discoveringwhisperingpines.com or
    http://www.junelake.com/

Fish On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'll be there May 2-4, and again May 16-17. First trip is for fishing, second will be for a wedding at the Double Eagle. Going to be tight on time but I'm betting I'll be able to wet a line. It'll be like Grumpy Old Men when they almost miss the wedding!!!
    If things are full try Fern Creek Lodge between Gull and Silver. Neat little place.
    Sandman
    We decided on renting two trailers from Adventure in Camping, and will be staying at convict.

Sandman, where are you gonna be at on that first weekend of may?

i usually go to convict every year for a week with my friends... missed it last year but will definately be heading up this year... inlet here i come!

Default Did 30 straight openers at June ...

kinda miss it.

I'll be at June for both trips. Be staying at my buddies cabin first trip and at Fern Creek Lodge the second. Fish June most of the time. Probably hit up Gull too. Can't wait
    Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'll be at June for both trips. Be staying at my buddies cabin first trip and at Fern Creek Lodge the second. Fish June most of the time. Probably hit up Gull too. Can't wait
    Sandman
    never fished june gull or grant just silver. found out the best way to fish silver is by boat or tube around the inlet area.

^^^---thats a pic of my trout in the back of convict lake! Me and Jesse James might be up in convict around that time, but we'll be Way to plastered to go anywhere! haha... If that is where you are staying though, it is always a blast to hit up the hot springs at night, right across the 395.
    Last edited by BassMasterson; 02-07-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinflies View Post
    I'm planning on heading up to the E.Sierras with Team Trucha on the first weekend of May. We were gonna get a cabin at Convict, but they're all booked up, so we're planning to stay at Silver Lake (June Lake Loop) instead.

Just wondering who else here on FNN is planning to head up to the E.Sierras around that time? And where are you planning to stay?

I can't wait!!!
    I usually head up for the opener then leave the following Tuesday. Try staying in one of the condo's overlooking Gull Lake. They are nice and alot cheaper than Convict Cabins. The family stayed in a Convict Cabin for a night last year and regreted not going to June Loop for a bigger condo for less. The only good thing is Convict's Jetty at about 6pm... MAN I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BGH

Quote Originally Posted by fndaway66 View Post
    I usually hike into Kirman the second weekend after the opener.
    fndaway please tell me the stories about Kirman are true about the footballs that get pulled out of there!!!! I googled that place and it seems like about 2 miles in.. Is it an easy trek in? I want to take my boys(8,5) for an overnighter there!!

Is it primarily a tubing lake or is it accessable from shore?

Thanks,
    BGH

2nd week of may, let the opener excitement/crowds die a bit first.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast