Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lookin for Smallmouth

Default Lookin for Smallmouth

I was wondering if anyone can give me a general area to fish for smallmouth in Diamond Valley. I have caught Largemouth and trout but I am lookin for my favorite game fish, smallmouth. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Worms, plastics, I have caught some nice ones outta there 3-5 lbers. One i was drop shotting a purple 3x finnesse worm, and the other on a drop shot 6 inch senko (watermelon w/red flake0, wacky rigged.
    I try and work it as slow as possible in 20-25 ft. of water off of points.
    Granted, you will probably end up with more largemouh than small mouth, and light line, i use 6lb for the d/s senko and 4lb for the d/s finnesse worm.
    Its all in the person though. I love the drop shot

Ive caught all my smallies out of DVL, on small plastics such as Ikas, and robos. Most of which were caught by the east dam. Hope this helps.

ANYWHERE on the lake with rocky rip rap. Caught 'em all over the place there in that type of structure.

Got 'em on plastics and reactionbaits.

get a rent boat and go to saddle dam there is lot of small mouth bass there. But lot of s.m.b. in every where shoreline in at least 10 feet.

While were on the subject of smallmouth's, How's the population of smallies at DVL???? I know there in the lake but i wasn't sure how many there are.

Thanks for the advise. I am going to rent a boat in a couple weeeks and try to find those smallies. I'm not sure what the population is, but I know they are there. I know you have to release them no matter the size.