Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: outboard motor HELP!

Get a new prop or have it rebuilt, You should NEVER EVER run a prop with that much damage, you run it like that for long its going to tare the bearings up in the lower unit from being out of balance, there are places to rebuild them, going to be around a $100.00 w/hub I would buy a new one and have the old one rebuilt for a spare. My guess its cavitateing , you could also mark the hub with a paint marker with a line from center out and put it back in the water and see if all the lines match up after it spins out

thanks for the info thats a good idea!

What was the outcome? I think you can get new props that small for a very very reasonable price. Let us know how it turns out. Yeah the hub is the way the center of the prop attaches to the main prop itself. If ya hit stuff the prop stops spinning but the hub keeps going and it will spin out of the center so not to destroy your lower end gears. It is kinda like a skateboard wheel bearing as the center hub and the outer prop will spin independently of one another. (not nearly as easy as in a bearing of course) but you get the idea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123