Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: New setup Kistler Magnesium ts rod w/ Shimano Citica 200e

Default New setup Kistler Magnesium ts rod w/ Shimano Citica 200e

I managed to pick up a nice setup with out breaking the bank.
    I received my rod last week and finally got my reel in after couple weeks of being on backorder. After reading all the good reviews and doing a lil research I decided to go with a Kistler Magnesium ts 6'9 APSMH trigger rod. The rod is super light , sensitive, and plenty of backbone. The styling on these rods is sick... split grip, no cork on the front grip, blank thru reel seat etc... and for a price that won't break my wallet. I am really happy with Kistler, their customer service is second to none. How many companies have forums where their actual president answers any fishing questions you might have? Well to my surprise , when I posted some fishing questions looking for advice, Trey Kistler himself was the first reply to my thread. Now thats something you won't see with big companies.
    For the reel I went with the new Shimano Citica 201e (made a mistake on title)the 200e is the right handed model. This thing is sexy.... very low profile and lightweight with cast control system that when set right will launch your lure a mile! Super quiet and smooth drag. I am really happy with my purchase. I'd like to thank my wife and friends for their christmas contributions that made this possible.
    Anyways thanks to all who give advice on this site. Ive learned alot of helpful tips that turn fishing into catching .............tight lines!

Here are some pics:

love the hook holder too
    Last edited by Senor Rambone; 01-17-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Ya, really nice setup. Ive been waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on that same exact reel.

this reel is really user friendly. Its my first baitcaster, for some reason I was intimidated by them and with this reel I feel as if I know what the hell i'm doing thanks to the vbs system.

I think you got burned....Check these out!

NEW FOR 2009!
    Zebco with Split grips too!

J/K...LOL

Nice set up you got there SR....looks sweet!

Looking forward to you posting some toads caught on that bad boy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delta_combos.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	9803  

niiiiiiiiiiice.