Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Custom Rods

Default Custom Rods

I'm just curious as to which is the best place to get a custom rod done around southbay/long beach/north oc area. How much would it cost to get one done? I am specifically looking for a custom jig stick but at the same time don't have a lot of money because of school. Just wondering, Right now I want to inquire about prices/places so that I can save up money to hopefully get one done before the summer begins.

Check with Performance tackle in Los Alamitos. Some of the best custom rods around..

Check out http://www.nimcustomrods.com/, he wraps my rods and lives around the Cerritos area.

The other one that I can recommend would be Moon, he's on several different boards and I believe he's on this one too (Senor Tuna, Get Bent). He's over at Fisherman's Depot in Bellflower.

Fisherman's Depot
    9836 Flower St.
    Bellflower, CA 90706
    (562) 925-5200

Another recommendation would be Taka's Tackle in Anaheim.

Taka's Bait & Tackle
    2707 W. Lincoln Ave.
    Anaheim, CA 92801
    (714) 527-2920
    http://www.takastackle.com/

You will definitely NOT go wrong with either of these guys.

a custom wrap rod can range from 100-900 all depends what do you want to use like reel seat and guide and how many layer of wrap you want. a 9.ft jig stick with 9+1 (ok guide) no reel seat Spiro with shrink tube and butt cap can run around 250-300

moon wrapped a lot of my custom sw&fw rods, you can't beat his workmanship.
    give him a call at 562-925-5200

thanks guys for all the info. i will start looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by sesgia View Post
    a 9.ft jig stick with 9+1 (ok guide) no reel seat Spiro with shrink tube and butt cap can run around 250-300
    that's what i'm looking for. going to have to save up before i can buy one. thanks.

Default Jacob Move Locations!!!

I DO NOT recommend the shop. (It's a disgrace to see the prices this place charges to us fishermen and Women) I do recommend the guy named Jacob who wraps rods at Sav-On Tackle. He does good work and will talk to you about important details before starting your rod. You do not have to shop at Sav-On Tackle, just deal with him directly.