Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: %@$*&^*@ cops!!!

Sometimes when people pick their nose it looks like they are on a cell phone.

Assuming you actually were not on the phone when he pulled you over & you don't want to miss a 1/2 day of work over it....this one is a cinch!

PM sent!

Wed I was driving a friend to his attorneys office..
    He got T boned at a green light by a Woman on her cell Phone.

So, needless to say we have had a few conversations about that. (his car was totaled and I have been driving him to appointments)
    He doesnt even own a cell phone, mine is surgically attached to my ear (blackberry in the car)....

Well we were in the #1 lane (fast lane) another older gentleman was diving near us in the #2 lane (slow lane)..
    Both George & I were running this guy into the ground HARD for talking on his cell, for about a block....
    Then the guy moves his hand and NO CELL PHONE?????
    He was just lightly leaning his head on his cupped hand.......
    10 seconds earlier, I would have sworn on a stack of Bibles that YES he was on the phone...............

Mistakes happen....
    Yes, "every one" lies to the cops..
    Tickets are not a personal attack...
    Just a job.......
    I wonder if fireman ever squirt water on houses that are NOT Burning???

Quote Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
    Yeah fight it in court, but the cop was just trying to do his job. Imagine being lied to everyday of your life all day long, and see how much of a sympathetic ear you have.
    I asked him if he wanted to see my call logs to prove that I wasn't on the phone and he said yes. Even after I showed him my last incoming and outgoing calls log he STILL didn't believe me. The guy is a jackass, plain and simple.

Ya there are really good cops, and other types as well ;)

This one definitely falls into the other category :P

BTW Did you hear about the cop the other day who pulled over a lady having a baby and her hubby?

See they were going down the shoulder of the freeway...was bumper to bumper...and her water broke. They were rushing to the hospital.

The other cops saw them and let em go once they knew her condition and waved em on...cop after cop saw em and there was no prob.

Then this one cop pulled em over, wrote em tickets (few hundred bux worth) even though they explained about the other cops, she was having a baby etc. Luckily they got to the hospital on time and the baby was ok. The "department" is investigating and said the cop did the right thing :P

:P

[QUOTE=tacklejunkie;295236]That law just gave cops a free excuse to pull anybody they want over, at any time they want.QUOTE]

sure seems that way.
    kinda like those sobriety check points that are always up around the holidays, i"m in a hurry and the last thing i need is to prove that i'm not drinking and prove i have a license,registration and insurance before im can continue on with my night, they work but a complete waste of my time

Then, if you are in any way slightly unhappy about being pulled over for being on the cellphone (that was really in your pocket), the cop might get angry with you and beat you down. If you try and lift your hands in defense of the baton striking you, in jumps his buddy to put his knee in your neck. Then they think you have a gun and shoot you in the head.

And you die because they think you were on your cellphone.

Did anyone see the guy who was killed by a cop while already under submission of another? It's getting a lil ridiculous. You have to be extremely careful when you drive.. it could be your last trip in so many ways. If it's not someone shooting at you for going the speed limit instead of speeding it's the cops thinking you have a gun and shooting you because you weren't on your cellphone.

Drive with both hands on the wheel and 5 miles above the speed limit and you'll be safe! It's BS!
    I hardly even want to drive anymore.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 01-16-2009 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaliDawgFan View Post
    I asked him if he wanted to see my call logs to prove that I wasn't on the phone and he said yes. Even after I showed him my last incoming and outgoing calls log he STILL didn't believe me. The guy is a jackass, plain and simple.

Yeah as I was reading your story I was thinking dude show him your call logs then you said that you did and he didn't care That's wrong, a waste of court time to make you fight something that he knows for a fact you didn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
    Yeah as I was reading your story I was thinking dude show him your call logs then you said that you did and he didn't care That's wrong, a waste of court time to make you fight something that he knows for a fact you didn't do.
    They don't care, it's probably your tax dollars or something paying for the time in court. As long as he meets his quota..

I feel for you. there are bad people in every profession. Perhaps you should change the title to"Officer ____ Sucks" How would we like it if someone posts "fishermen are jerks" because one was rude.

No excuses for his behavior, but generalization doesn't help the GOOD cops care about their jobs and want to do well. Just food for thought. This guy is a person too. Probably had a bad day, divorcing, can't pay bills because all overtime is cut back, people lie to him all day etc....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast