Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: %@$*&^*@ cops!!!

Default %@$*&^*@ cops!!!

So I get pulled over on the way to work this morning. I'm thinking that maybe a tail light or brake light is out. He asks the usual," Do you know why I pulled you over?" I say no. He then says that he pulled me over because I was talking on my cell phone. Here's the kicker...my cell phone was in my pocket the whole time. I wasn't on the phone at all. I argued with him and even showed him my call logs and text logs to prove to him that I wasn't using it. The a$$h0le then says that I'm just making up excuses because I don't want a ticket. Of course I don't want the ticket j@ck@$$!!! I didn't do what you're accusing me of!!! Well, the jerk writes up the ticket and starts to say that if I think this ticket is in error to go to court before such and such date. I didn't even let him finish the sentence before I grabbed the ticket and said," God damned right it's in error. I didn't do anything wrong." He then asks me if I've ever been arrested before. I ask him," Are you threatening to arrest me for arguing with you? I gave you my license, registration and proof of insurance like you asked. I wasn't aware my first ammendment rights weren't valid on the side of the road." Good day, sir he says as he walks away. %@$*&^*@ cops!!!

Plead not guilty, pay the fine and take in your phone records. Then when you are at court, I would tell the judge exactly how you were treated also I would stop by the station ASAP and show it to his commanding officer or anyone that would listen. Your only problem that might not be on your side is that they could ask you " How do we know you were talking on YOUR phone and not someone elses." I would be bitching and at that police station letting them know of what happened and how you were treated.

Sean

Where's Sansou when you need him :)

sucks man.. but you gotta go fight it... get ur phone records from the phn company.. and make sure the time on the ticket was right too!

There was no one else in the car with me, and I only have one phone.

That suck ***. I knew we would be hearing stuff like this when that law passed. lol

Fight that sucker...how lame. At least you didn't get a ticket for putting on mascara while driving...oh yeah that is still legal.

What is this world coming too?!

TD

Get back at this cop, man. Get those phone records and then go raise hell at his station. Be sure to mention "ACLU" and "civil rights" while your there. Then hopefully his superior officers will come down hard on him.

You better believe as soon as I get my phone records I'm fighting this thing.

That law just gave cops a free excuse to pull anybody they want over, at any time they want.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Best of luck in your case. I'm on your side one million percent.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 01-15-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Yeah fight it in court, but the cop was just trying to do his job. Imagine being lied to everyday of your life all day long, and see how much of a sympathetic ear you have. Haha Sucks man, Atleast the Machida v Silva fight is coming up.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast