Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask BingJr

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    If a tree falls in an uninhabited forest, does it make a sound?
    Now that is the question young padawan...

Of course it makes a sound, the sound waves just do not fall upon the taught skin of the human ear drum.

Please bring modern day meaning to this classic by Dylan Thomas.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
    Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
    Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Last edited by Santa Fe Eric; 01-15-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Fe Eric View Post
    Please bring modern day meaning to this classic by Dylan Thomas.

I will just decipher it line by line rather than give a full dissertation on my thoughts on the overall impact of the work.

Do not go gentle into that good night, - Keep the radio loud on the way to irvine for some good Friday night Catfishing.
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day; old folks should get a discount on admission to the vine after 4:00.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. If the crappie light goes out you will be pissed.
    Though wise men at their end know dark is right, After a WFO catfish bite, you know night time is the right time for those kitties.
    Because their words had forked no lightning they - Trolly believes in being very very quiet while fishing the kitties!
    Do not go gentle into that good night. Celebrate up at the store before you launch with a couple of cold ones and some good FNN'rs.
    Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright - Troutdog complaining that he wishes it would hury up and get dark already. Impatiently awaiting the start of the Dodger game while fishing the kitties.
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay, - The packers should have never let Favre go.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Heading out to the first kittie spot with anticipation racing through your veins.
    Wild men who caught and seng the sunfish in flight, - Team panfish hurrying out to fill the baskets on a warm summers night.
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way, - Seeing the giant stringers of kitties, they now realize they should have brough some mackeral instead of just crapipe jigs.
    go gentle into that good night. - slow down, its a no wake lake bro!
    Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight - Patrick shining his flashlight into your eyes warning you to have your glow sticks and stickers visible at all times. It can be deadly at night without those glowsticks.
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay, - Blind Eyes = Beer Gogles often worn by Jimmy and the women who date him.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. And you, my father, there on the sad height, - Me making fun of Troutdog (who is much older than I, he could be my father) When my giant kittie eats his in the livewell.
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - meeting at the store after closing hours , sipping a cold one, talking about the great catches and the one that got away!

I hope this lends some clarification to this timeless classic so often quoted in our modern media.

Quote Originally Posted by BingJr View Post
    I hope this lends some clarification to this timeless classic so often quoted in our modern media.
    An instant FNN classic, that was great Binger!

TD

I agree!! The Bingr family had our family over for New Year's Eve this year. Thank you guys, we had a blast...too bad I was so tired.

Some of you may not know this but....Bing can play the hell out of some Rock Band drums too!!!! See ya Saturday Buddy!

Default Bingjr

cool thread, any stock in FNN yet?

cm

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    cool thread, any stock in FNN yet?

cm
    The Dow Industrial shows FNN stock up 8.5% since this thread started

TD

Quote Originally Posted by BingJr View Post

Excelent work my friend!
    If this thread makes it to the end of the week, I may ask you to interpret a section "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
    Scuttling across the floor of silent seas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12