Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat rental 1-14

Ya I read the reports, just wonder how much is true? I heard he striaghtened the hooks on a plunker one day, but lost the line side. I see how one trip with Art could help you more then all the banjo minnows one could buy. Does he get you dialed in with the proper gear for each season? Or is it just general stuff that most of us blog about? Is Art better than Pete? or Art Hill? Have you had a trip with them?

The beauty of Art is that you will learn whatever you want. He asks you what you want to learn and answer any and all questions you can come up with. In fact, he challenged me prior to the trip to write down things I wanted to know or learn. That is usually evidence of humbleness when an instructor would taylor his instruction for you. I learned a ton on our trip with him.

If you are or think you are a bass fisherman...go with him and you will see that there will ALWAYS be much to learn and perfect in this sport!!! I guess thats what makes us sport fishermen and him the proffessional.

Quote Originally Posted by rrawstron View Post
    Senko in 45 to 65 feet of water? What was your method of rigging to get it that deep?
    Don't be afraid to Carolina Rig that bad boy...

Quote Originally Posted by MAVERICK27 View Post
    The beauty of Art is that you will learn whatever you want. He asks you what you want to learn and answer any and all questions you can come up with. In fact, he challenged me prior to the trip to write down things I wanted to know or learn. That is usually evidence of humbleness when an instructor would taylor his instruction for you. I learned a ton on our trip with him.

If you are or think you are a bass fisherman...go with him and you will see that there will ALWAYS be much to learn and perfect in this sport!!! I guess thats what makes us sport fishermen and him the proffessional.

My exact thought!

Mav nailed it right on the head.

Get a couple of your buds together and give Art a call. I'm sure you will say the same as Mavrick once you have taken the trip. It's definitely money well spent my friend.

I'm up for another outing and will go thirds, quarter, or even halfers with you.

Mav?

Tight lines all

Quote Originally Posted by backseater View Post
    Ya I read the reports, just wonder how much is true? I heard he striaghtened the hooks on a plunker one day, but lost the line side. I see how one trip with Art could help you more then all the banjo minnows one could buy. Does he get you dialed in with the proper gear for each season? Or is it just general stuff that most of us blog about? Is Art better than Pete? or Art Hill? Have you had a trip with them?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MAVERICK27

My exact thought!

Mav nailed it right on the head.

Get a couple of your buds together and give Art a call. I'm sure you will say the same as Mavrick once you have taken the trip. It's definitely money well spent my friend.

I'm up for another outing and will go thirds, quarter, or even halfers with you.

Mav?

Tight lines all

Quote Originally Posted by hoghuntr View Post
    My buddy and I rented a boat today and here is the short report. The sun was already coming up by the time they let us out. We threw the TT and Lunker Plunker for the first hour with no wind and no love. Fished the ice jig and Senko the rest of the day in 45 to 65 feet.

Final score was 3 LM on the Senko. 9 LM on the Ice Jig. Biggest was 3.5 on the Senko. the rest were 2-3 pound clones. No wind at all. Not a great day for fishing but is was a nice day for a suntan. Just thankful to be on the water.

Hoghuntr
    Well done Hog Hunter!

6in hudds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12