Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat rental 1-14

Default Boat rental 1-14

My buddy and I rented a boat today and here is the short report. The sun was already coming up by the time they let us out. We threw the TT and Lunker Plunker for the first hour with no wind and no love. Fished the ice jig and Senko the rest of the day in 45 to 65 feet.

Final score was 3 LM on the Senko. 9 LM on the Ice Jig. Biggest was 3.5 on the Senko. the rest were 2-3 pound clones. No wind at all. Not a great day for fishing but is was a nice day for a suntan. Just thankful to be on the water.

Hoghuntr

Default solid day

Not bad at all for winter. I've heard the deep bite is about the only wat to get em right now. Were you metering fish and bait, or just working points? It's been 2 weeks since I've been there. Is the water still dropping? Hope to get out there soon again. Thanks for the report.

OH YA baby (is was) a great day! Are you sure Art Barry didn't help you just a little??? OH YA and mister senko, with the way it just lays there, very still, with the butt juice washing off in the water. Nice day where's the pic's?

Senko in 45 to 65 feet of water? What was your method of rigging to get it that deep?

unless its windy, all you need is patience to fish a senko that deep. i can hardly wait long enough when i'm fishing them in 25' though.

I ussually fish football jigs in 60 this time at DVL and come up with at least 4. I tried rapala ice jigs on 6lb test a few times but they just broke off my line while I was jigging them. How do you jig these things? Thanks for any info!!!

i'd go with a little heavier line, and i'm no expert by the way, but those baits tend to have a spiraling motion as they fall and that's when you'll get bit usually. try to make sure they are falling through or near the bait (at the right depth) and try not to have any more slack than you need to let it fall w/o letting the line get so tight that it affects the rate of fall. if you don't get bit, i'd try to reel maybe halfway back up and let it fall through again.

Quote Originally Posted by lurk 182 View Post
    i'd go with a little heavier line, and i'm no expert by the way, but those baits tend to have a spiraling motion as they fall and that's when you'll get bit usually. try to make sure they are falling through or near the bait (at the right depth) and try not to have any more slack than you need to let it fall w/o letting the line get so tight that it affects the rate of fall. if you don't get bit, i'd try to reel maybe halfway back up and let it fall through again.
    Just curious...We fish the sand bass with the same method on "Cody" jig heads.
    They tend to spiral through the water column too. Wonder if anyone has tried them on LMB with any success.

Tight lines all

Quote Originally Posted by ddoskocil View Post
    Not bad at all for winter. I've heard the deep bite is about the only wat to get em right now. Were you metering fish and bait, or just working points? It's been 2 weeks since I've been there. Is the water still dropping? Hope to get out there soon again. Thanks for the report.

The fish are deep, at least they were on the 14th. Concentrated on Points interior and exterior as the fish finders in the DELUXE rental boats are a little differtent then the ones on my Ranger:(

Water level has dropped about 2-5 feet in the past three weeks it appears. At least it looked that much.

Default Fishing the ice jig and Art Berry

Truth be told Backseater, I did learn a few things from Mr. Berry. All I can say is, it was the best money I every spent when it comes to fishing. The amount of money I have spent (wasted) over the years on baits I don't even use anymore, would have paid for 5 private Art Berry Trips. This guy will show you the little things that make a big differnce. Save your money on the new baits, take a trip with Art and he will show you how to properly fish the Jig and show you how to get a Senko down 40 - 60 feet and a whole lot more. I don't work for Art and I really don't know him that well. All I know is once I was blind but now I can see.
    or at least my glasses are not so fogged up:)

Hoghuntr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast