Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LNL - 18 Lb Limit

Default LNL - 18 Lb Limit

Had a nice day on the tube today...err...yesterday...(its past midnight). I have been doing well lately at LNL. Only three last week, but a limit the week before. Anyway, I have been noticing the bite has been starting around 11:00 so I don't rush out there any more....having a tube is another reason I don't have to rush out at 6am.

So I get there around 9:30 and start chatting with a regular...he tells me a brawl broke out and someone got arrested. (They were arguing about mono or flouro...HAHA...j/k ) The shoreline was pretty packed and decent amount of tubers for a weekday...about 8 of us at one point.

After chitchatting and gearing up I hit the water around 10am. Water temp was 56 degrees, air felt pretty warm...75? According to the Humminbird, the water temp got up to 60 degrees around 2pm. As I am kicking my way around the lake, I am hearing from the other tubers "Slow", "nothing"...etc..so I thought to myself..."Sux for you guys. That's why I slept late!"

After about 20 minutes of floating around, I got my first bite...the smallest of the bunch. No one said anything but you know they were thinking, "Dude you just got here!". The fly fisherman/woman were having a tough time out there. I think they caught 3 between them. But one of the fly fisherwoman (there were 2) caught a rainbow, what looked to be about 6 lbs.

All in all it was an above average day for fishing at LNL, but an exceptional one for me. I got home and weighed my bag...it was a tad under 18lbs!

Its getting late.....good night enjoy the pics.....can you name the species?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00002-1.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	9705   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00006-1.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	9706   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00010-1.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	9707   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00011-1.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	9708   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00012-1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	9709  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00013-1.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	9710   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00016-1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	9711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00001.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	9712  

Thanks for the pics and report.Nice tube setup.

Bigred

I seen you out there cuss I heard someone ask you...do that fish finder really help you....lol

Good job on the tube!

Good job and nice pics!

nice limit.Thanks for the LNL report. Its nice to see them once and a while. I know there's thousands of fish caught every month and only a few posts per month. LNL needs more people posting.

Nice job on the sleeping in late, showing off all the early birds,fishing on a weekday LNL limit!!
    That tube does look nice, it's funny I was going through past post yesterday night on the "tube/yak" section and I was just reading your posts on what kind of tube to buy.............now look at ya!! Nice job!

Nice job on the heavy stringer, those other tubers must have been hating on you and your tube......

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA View Post
    Thanks for the pics and report.Nice tube setup.
    Bigred
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    I seen you out there cuss I heard someone ask you...do that fish finder really help you....lol

Good job on the tube!
    I don't know who you are...but if you see me again out there, hit me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Striper Bill View Post
    Good job and nice pics!
    Thanks SB!

Quote Originally Posted by chivo View Post
    nice limit.Thanks for the LNL report. Its nice to see them once and a while. I know there's thousands of fish caught every month and only a few posts per month. LNL needs more people posting.
    There are lots of fish being caught there...too bad none are bass. Maybe it's better no one posts...we can keep the fishing hole to ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by FISH_HUNTER View Post
    Nice job on the sleeping in late, showing off all the early birds,fishing on a weekday LNL limit!!
    That tube does look nice, it's funny I was going through past post yesterday night on the "tube/yak" section and I was just reading your posts on what kind of tube to buy.............now look at ya!! Nice job!
    Yeah, it took me about 1 month to gather everything up....but I am fully loaded now!! Next thing is, I need to figure out how to put A/C and a DVD player on my tube.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHSTIX View Post
    Nice job on the heavy stringer, those other tubers must have been hating on you and your tube......
    haha...everyone was pretty cool out there...I had a great time.

Way to go on the nice limit! I for sure did not see you on the water cause you guys were more in the flats and I was way to the right of the launch ramp for most of the day. You have been noticing the late bite as well huh. The last three times I have gone I have noticed the bite starting later. What range does your fish finder view beyond the shallow depth of the flats? In other words what range can you view beyond just the depth. Like how many feet from your fish finder from a horizontal range can you view? Just curious on how effective your viewing is for the shallow flats.

WTG on a heavy limit.... How much your biggest weigh

TROUT 9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast