Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hell-O Prad-O...

Default Hell-O Prad-O...

Tuesday 01/13/09

There we were, Prado Dam. My cousin wanted to get out today and fish, offered to pay if I'de go along and - Well how could I refuse?

Set up the artillary and sank into the bunkers for a few hours of Fishworx.

The wildlife were in rare form, they were in the air and the center of the lake. Finally away from my rods. The nuisance was the flies. The wind helped keep the flies down even though it wasn't too windy.

The day was hot and still toward late morning. I was using Zeke's ( Green ) and my cousin wanted to see how many things his hook would hold. Not to mention he used PB ( Orange ) and likes to use golfball sized wads on the hook. I know, I've said enough out there, he'll get it.

I had a huge hit when we first got there at about 7am. The bait was jacked. Then there seemed to be no action for a while.

There was a scuffle across the lake and I found out that a mudd duck was tangled in Line that had been disgarded by people who shouldn't be allowed to fish.
    ** Reminder ** Please pick up all your line that you cut off... **

The day wained on and the duo across the lake hidden in the trees weren't doing well either.

My cousin decided to see what happens when you cast over a reed bush and reel in from there.... **cue the Benny Hill Music** Later he is telling me about the gopher by his chair and where all his tunnels are. SIGH !

Suddenly...... BOOYAH !! - I get hit. Nice fight and the lunker comes in at 16 inches. Man I need to get a scale.

We were packing camp and walking out to go pick up my cousins son from school when a few guys down the way start jumpin up and down screamin. They reeled in a Trout well over 10lbs. and from my binoculars it was at least 2 feet long. I hope he is an FNN'er and reports.

Short and Sweet it was a good few hours. I like this place, and anytime I drive past it I tell it Hell-O Prad-O.

Tight Lines, Sweet Spots & Keepin It Reel
    Dan the Man

Good job out there and great report and pics!

nice report ! Thanks!

I see you caught the one trout the cormorants and the pelicans didnt get. Although So Cal Fisheries may not be the strongest ever, our fish eating bird population rivals that of the galapagos.

Great job out there Dan. I am still laughing about the Benny Hill Music!

Great Reference.

Quote Originally Posted by BingJr View Post
    I see you caught the one trout the cormorants and the pelicans didnt get. Although So Cal Fisheries may not be the strongest ever, our fish eating bird population rivals that of the galapagos.

Great job out there Dan. I am still laughing about the Benny Hill Music!

Great Reference.
    I was just going to say that every bird in that picture is a fish eater (Just a quick count looks like about 150 birds there). You're probably lucky that there was one in there that they missed, LOL.
    Last edited by Fish Dog; 01-14-2009 at 09:48 PM.

nice prado report.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Dog View Post
    I was just going to say that every bird in that picture is a fish eater (Just a quick count looks like about 150 birds there). You're probably lucky that there was one in there that they missed, LOL.
    Yea looking at that bird picture I started hearing the Music from the Helicopter scene in The Deer Hunter.