Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary's Beer Battered Striped Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Looks goo Gary...

My wife cooked up the stripies on Monday using the Mckormicks seasoning. They came out great. We haven't tried the beer batter one yet though so I'll have to try it the next time.
    Yeah all of them are good, I've tried 'em....but the beer batter towers over all...

Run it up the flagpole...I promise you won't be dissapointed..

Good eating !!
    Gary

hmm i instead of the corona or budweiser im going to probably use a hoegaarden.

OK Gary. I just got some fish from Artimus. He followed your recipe I think. At least I know he used Mccormick's Beer Batter. DAAANNNG those were tasty. My wife is getting some mix right now. Now, all I need is a fish . Where can I get one of those?
    Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Check out the cambells soup striper one too.....you will like !

this recipe I will diff. try . looks sooo good .

Anabody lookin for a GREAT fish fry recire, you gotta try this! it is the best ive had
    Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    Gary’s Beer Battered Striped Bass

Ingredients:

*Striper Fillets.
    *Mckormicks Beer Batter.
    *Granulated Garlic.
    *Lemon and Pepper seasoning.
    *Old Bay Seasoning.
    *One bottle ”Flat” beer, I use Corona or simply a Budweiser, the flatter the better so leave it sit out early.
    (Optional)-Seasalt (I add this from time to time).

Step #1.
    GO OUT AND GET YOUR STRIPER SLAY ON !
    Need I say more ?

Step#2.
    *Lay out your Striper fillets and cut them into somewhat small “manageable” size strips.

*Generally about 3” x 2” x 1” or less strips works best but smaller if they are considerably thick (thinner is better).

NOTE: if you leave them too big and they are thick, you will end up “undercooking” them and you will miss out on the delectable tasty treat that it should be !

Step#3.
    *Pour the batter mix in a large bowl.

*Mix the beer batter mix with the spices listed above, add the spices liberally, they really juice up the mix and add some zest into the mix.

*Stir them all together.
    *Stir in the flat beer, stirring with a fork, add beer slowly and mix/stir as you go, stir thouroughly and add just enough beer to make the batter pastey but fluid enough to run off the fork slowly, this assures that it will bond to the fillets properly.

*Preheat deep fryer at about 375 degrees, I use canola oil but safflower oil works great too, just about any oil will work though.

Note: make sure it’s nice and hot before cooking !

Step#4.
    *Add the fillets to the mix by simply placing them in the bowl of mix, stir with a fork gently.

*Make sure the entire fillet is covered in batter.
    *Use tongs to remove the battered fillets from the bowl and place in the deep fryer.
    *Add only a few at a time and allow them to slightly solidify by shaking the fry basket a bit then add more, this makes sure they do not all stick together.
    *Fry until golden brown.

Note: do not overfill the fry basket and take your time cooking them, you may want to sample the 1st one to make sure they are cooking thouroughly plus the chef always has to sample the treats at this point, that’s part of the process !!!

Step #5.
    *EAT THEM, share with your friends and family, nothing makes better friends than a nice fresh beer battered striper fry…

ENJOY !
    Gary

Anabody lookin for a GREAT fish fry recire, you gotta try this! it is the best ive had

Thanks Gary!!!!! This recipe is the bomb!! Just finished an awesome meal. Also, thanks Bing for taking me out so could try this recipe.

NP...I'm bout ready for a stripa blitz....beer battered blast soon !

Maybe tomorrow night...worst case....wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    NP...I'm bout ready for a stripa blitz....beer battered blast soon !

Maybe tomorrow night...worst case....wednesday
    I'll bring apple cobbler and some vanilla ice cream for dessert!

I think I am going to try this recipe on some catfish fillets tonight.....

TD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast