Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: City Of Long Beach 1/2 am 6/9/07

Default City Of Long Beach 1/2 am 6/9/07

Hello Everyone, Decided to go on a 1/2 morning trip today with my dad and friend to see if we can get some Cudaz or Sandbass. We had 3 free tickets, got them from that boat having engine trouble along time ago so decided to put them to use. We had about 50 or so people on the boat pretty crowded but, it was a decent boat with plenty of room to sit down the only problem is the least amount of rod holders. Anyways, we left dock at 7ish, got bait and we were of the huntingting flats, we got there at about 9:40(wow). First stop, the boat had 1 or 2 small sculpins that were thrown back, 2nd stop had a small pick on the Cudas the boat got like maybe 6 on that stop on that stop, 3rd stop, nothing but small sculpins, 2 cudas and i think 3 sandbass and the last stop, had another pick on the barracuda with maybe 5 or less on the boat. I ended up hooking 3 cudaz but got 1, which was on the second stop on a plastic pretty cool fight on light tackle and the 2nd one line snaped cus i was fly lining and the 3rd stop i hook it on an Iron and let my friend reel it up but, sadly the seal grabbed it before he could reel it up it was halirious watching the seal throw the cuda like 5 feet in the air haha. Well all and all slow day of fishing but i really enjoyed myself as always and plus it was free cant get no better then that

My Barracuda

My friends Half Barracuda

Davis T

Hi Davis T,

Great report and pics ...... thanks loads !!

Dang .........&# 46; your lucky day .......... ... you got your jig back from Mr. Dog !!

thanks,

JapanRon

Davis T,

Thanks for the report, must a been a lot seals out I assume..lol... to bad on the barri theif.

Did you guys leave the dock late or did it take a lot of time getting bait? 9:40 seems like a awful long time to get to the flats doesn't that boat leave at 7am? Any ways thanks again!
    Nice free trip!

hahah whered the other half of that cuda go?

Nice report and pics.

Tell your friend to check the recipe section for deep fried cuda heads - alot of them being pulled out lately.

great report man, thanks alot!!

it's been an afternoon bite for the past few days. the cudas are around but won't bite until 1~2:00pm. i was out there on sunday and left just before it went WFO. :?

Chalk another one up for the Sea Dog!