Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: finally i got a swimbait setup!!! =]

Go to save on tackle pick you self a diawa strikeforce for around $50.. Not to much money and a good way to practice. I got one for my 13 yr old son and he loves it....

Who cares about your new setup, whos is that in that picture hooking up tortillas??? nice....lmfao

Nice gear homie

GD

ps....now that your dishes are washed...take out the trash lil homie....
    Last edited by ghetto dad; 01-13-2009 at 07:49 AM.

taking pictures in the SH**** of power bait at least get a picture of a German brown trout

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    Just be careful if you toss the bigger heavier swimbaits, your finger might get cut...
    ohh yeah!!! lol completely forgot about that!!! i say you return it and get a baitcaster.

Interesting choices. Let us know how it works out...I have a sneaking suspicion that casting a swimbait on a spinning rod is going to be rather difficult to load up since you have to hold the line with one finger. I'd hate to be casting on a setup all day that weighs that much too.

Very cool that you are getting into fishing so seriously at such a young age and that you are learning to do things the right way. I know you are just a teen so whoever is supporting your habit should get props too even if they are just driving you around to get your lines wet.

Picture taking tip for you tho.....you need to learn to use the macro function on your camera to take close up pictures. You cam probably has a setting for it....if you don't have the manual for your cam, most cameras have a pic of a flower to indicate the macro setting. Just dial in the setting and you will see you will be able to focus your close ups very sharply.

Good luck on the swimbaits!

You know what...some people just live to hate on this site --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two words. Line twists... Good luck with that.

Its nice see fisherman, especially young fisherman, expanding there fishing knowledge, trying new things you know!! some people just got to hate. Good luck with the new setup Mystery!! Let us know how it works for you!!!!

I'm not sure it can be said enough but I would seriously reconsider your choice of tackle. It's a sweet setup for sure but seriously casting Heavy things on the baitcaster is pretty easy. IMO get something more conventional setup.

LilMystery,

I'd recommend getting yourself working on using a baitcaster before dropping that type of cash on a heavy spinning setup which is not very ideal for throwing big swimbaits.

In bass fishing especially, you want to learn how to walk before you try to run, IMO.

OH, and I remember the days when candid advice wasn't dubbed 'hating.'

Ideally get your self a MH 6'6 Baitcasting set up, they can be gotten for relatively inexpensive and begin to master casting the baitcaster. I bought my 10yo one for his birthday in May and he loves it. Never wants to fish the spinner again. Although he does for trout and bluegill and such. Practice in the pool, park, front yard, local pond with an easy to cast item such as a texas rig worm, crankbait, jig, krocodile, kastmaster etc etc. Avoid a bait thats too heavy for your set up or a spinner bait as both are a little more difficult to master. Once you have the inexpensive MH setup dialed in, then you can set your sights on that Baitcasting Swimbait setup that will trully allow you to enjoy that style of fishing much more and you will be more effective in your presentations as well. I am not trying to down your stuff, but just give you some sound advice that you will ultimately be happier with in the future. Good luck with the venture which ever way you choose to go.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast