Quote Originally Posted by WJC71 View Post
It basically comes down to being at the right place at the right time. I've caught them during the full moon,no moon, high pressure, low pressure, any season of the year,before and after earthquakes and morning, noon or night. If there's no bite, it probably means they're not there. I know a lot of people say to hang out at one spot for a while. All you're doing in that circumstance is waiting for the stripes to come to you. If you have that bait and wait personality, and bait 'n wait applies to throwing jigs, traps, etc. in one spot for an hour or two also, your fish to time ratio goes down the drain. You need to stay on the move. By this, I mean to find a spot (not necessarily a gate or siphon) and work it upstream, downstream and strait across. After you do this, you move on. Maybe ten twenty yards max. Do it again and again and again. The stripes are in constant motion searching for food and the necessity of getting oxygen into their systems. You, as a fisherman need to act and think like the fish your targeting. I, personally, have never spent more than two hours at the duct and I have pulled fish out. I bring one lure, one pole, a sack (for the stripes), and the necessary water and phone.

PM me If you need more info

BTW...... Hope the ankle's feeling better Yolo

...end.....
I concur. I have caught them in all conditions and been skunked in all conditions. I don't over analyze it. I too don't spend more than 2 hours out there. I guess since we are close and can run out there for a little bit even a couple of times a day, we are spoiled. I know if I was driving from an hour plus away, I would spend more than 2 hours out there.

Ankle is better but still tender and sore.