Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Little Good News for Us Durring Some Hard Times

Default A Little Good News for Us Durring Some Hard Times

Two things:

First, the last few months have been very difficult for us. One of our rental properties in Missouri has been empty since September and after having to sink 5K into repairs after the old tennants left it a mess and having to carry the mortgage on that property for the last several months, we have been struggling to make enough money to pay the bills, much less have money to do anything else besides.

Saturday, our property manager told us (finally) that we have a renter!

Second, I've been sick the last 4 weeks (I'm seldom sick). I had to take off work two days from work recently. I always feel guilty taking time off for being sick (don't know why). I'm always afraid I'll miss something or afraid of what I'll need to catch up with when I return.

Returned to work Thursday after 2 days sick to find out that Tuesday our department had lay offs, due to our company changing the way we do business.

My boss brought me into his office Thursday morning to explain the changes that took place while I was gone. I was happy to find out that even though I will need to return to my previous position in the firm, I will still be making the same money. When the decision came down to who was to go, I was chosen to stay because of the value I bring to the firm.
    I can't help but feel a littlle like celebrating.

See everyone next week at Irvine Lake!

Tammy, I am real happy to hear that things are looking up for you and your family.

Keep your head up and get out every now and then, even if its to the local pond. Fishing still helps to clear the mind of the crap from the work week.

Know how the economy is getting.. Was 8 guys at my shop with two shifts. Now down to one shift with me and the owners son out in the shop.... Scary out there right now for anyone looking for a job..

Sean

Tammy OMG. Thanks for the update. I shot some pool tonight and thought of you & Mike. Looking forward to shooting a few games of 8 ball w/ you & Mike just as soon as your feeling up to it. We all have to be thankful for what we have .

Nice to hear of a positive story during these times.

I lost my job in March of last year, and finally decided to quit looking for a new one. Ive decided to go back to school and finish my degree in Respiratory Therapy. I dont see the medical field struggling at all. The way I see it.....tough times can also change your life for the better. I was growing tired of plumbing anyways.

Best of luck to you Granny!

Glad to hear the good news Tammy. See you on Saturday. Cindy

Tammy, no worries girlfriend.......

Mike & I are starting a lawn service...
    We only have to decide who gets to push & who gets to rake....

The Big Money will be rolling in by summer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    Mike & I are starting a lawn service...
    I hear that market is cornered already, Nessie.

Best you find something that is unique to your experiences.

Maybe you can start a Cell Phone/Digital Camera Recovery Service.

That's a great bit of news Tammy.
    I miss you, can't wait to see you next weekend!

Default news

It is great to hear good news.

Thanks Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast