Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: odd but fun day at Irvine

Default odd but fun day at Irvine

Decided to dust off the old float tube today and hit Irvine around 9 a.m. About mid lake I feel something aint quite right and notice my rear bladder had a slow leak so decided to haul A back to the shore and bait & wait.

Tried trout island for a bit with no love so moved over to woody's cove which only had a few anglers.

About an hour in I see my bobber move and hurry to set the hook. When I pick my pole up, I notice my line is going straight up into the air. An ospry had grabbed the fish and took off. I fought the bird until he let go of the fish and gave it to the three guys fishing to my right. Weird!

The next bite was a mud duck that had taken my inflated N/C so I reeled him in and safely released him back to the lake. Funny even still, my next bite was also a mud duck so after reeling him in and releasing, I started throwing rocks at them to get them to go somewhere else.

All in all, i ended up with 3 trout which I gave away. All 3 caught on inflated N/C. And 2 mud ducks.

The bite in woody's cove didn't start until 2:00.

Sorry forgot the camera today so no pics. Of all the days!

_Bullets

Congrats on the 3 trouts, how was the fighting for the mud ducks? New stock???

Thanks for the report thats a burn about the tube.

Bigred

That was weird,but good reading. Thanks for the report. Congrats on three 3 trout. Cindy

3 Trout, 2 mud ducks (koots?), 1 osprey (farmed). Sounds like a slow but interesting day.

Haha bait n rape!

Bait and rape... Classic!

Coots are a hoot on light line.

Thanks for the report.

I've never caught an osprey. That's cool! I have caught numerous coots, but one at SARL sticks in my brain. It dived on a half-crawler hanging under a bobber. I tried to get it away, but I was too late. Swallowed the hook. Of course it went nuts as I reeled it in and I noticed blood on its beak. I cut the line and watched it die in the water in front of me. I felt really, really bad.

Bullets..I can see that you didn't pay any attention to the postings of my grand daughters this summer. I can't believe that a man your age is still playing around with mud hens. Listen to my girls and they'll have you onto some trophy catches in no time.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=21872

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast