Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid saturday w/hiro

Default Pyramid saturday w/hiro

The wind was unforgiving right from the start...long story short...we ended up catching 4 stripers and I landed 1 pig catfish and lost another huge pig catfish that just came unbuttoned about 12-15' from the boat.

Tough conditions made it a tough day but we still left with fish under our belt...

I'm posting from a friends pc so I'll have to post photos later.

didnt head out today (sun) due to the gale force winds.....BUMMER !

It was good to get out though as I've been sick since new years and I just HAD to get out and KILL me somethin....

Just had fresh striper for dinner last night and breakfast this morning, I'd say mission accomplished...looks like it may be a catfish lunch !

2 stripes came from the troll and the others on crawlers, the kitties on dines in about18-20'

Didn't see any surface activity but the water level and clarity is good....DAMNED WIND !!!

Photos later..

Gary

Last edited by gletemfeelsteelgary; 01-13-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Yeah, I hate it when the wind has to howl when I am out fishing... At least you picked up a few

Yes you got some and you made it out. Thanks for the report...

Way to go on the no skunk in the wind. I hate that wind but what can you do...

Nice job in windy conditions, really tough to fish in that Pyramid wind. At least you got a few Linesides out of it... bummer about the lost Kittie.
    My turn to get sick , just stayed in bed and watched football all weekend. But I'd rather be out there fishing.

Yah, baby, that's what I'M looking for: Castaic/Pyramid reports--way to go and post--I was at Pyramid last Monday--Got a real late start-- trolled those pretty pink umbrellas for no love; kinda glad to know those Pyramid stripes are ALL MEN! Then again the chartreuse combo didn't produce for me either--maybe they are sexually confused as what to eat??!! See what you did by throwing that sissy stuff at 'em, TO? I ended up with a couple of schoolies on chovies(yuck) anchored in Yellowbar--a lot of stripes and shad metered at 97 feet off the dock---Well I'm hitting one of those two ponds this week--all stripes feed at their own peril!!

Like I said,powerful winds in y0 face !
    Cant wait to kut another demo wiff you at striper bowl !

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    Like I said,powerful winds in y0 face !
    Cant wait to kut another demo wiff you at striper bowl !
    Hitts, maybe you can be the next American Idol?

Show a pic of the jigs you got them on please.

Thanks for the report/pics?

nice report good to see action @ Prymid but could you explain this on the catfish action the kitties on dines in about18-20'
    what are dines ?

devin828

sardines is the answer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast