Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the REAL dvl report lol

Nice looking little tackle arsenal. I've come to the realization that I will not throw swimmies at DVL unless their is a low pressure coming though with clouds, rain, wind, sleet, etc. with the exception of about the first thirty minutes of the morning, but they just seem to open later and later out there.

Huskerrod

yah, 7:00 a.m.

it sucks..........wished they opened sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    You need to go deep to find them. Id say 45-60 ft. Spoons, Ice Jigs, or Crig.

Hey Rick...wheres the Love??? Art/Art? What about Art/Art/Pete......?
    Sheesh!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
    (909) 510-5679
    That is what I was casting my trout swimbait to go sinking in the deep water. LEARN PATIENCE let it go sinking itself and swimbait will make movement itself, so striper can attractive your lure. So get a rental boat matt.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtacosmmm View Post
    Dude the lures are too big,
    the striper has been on smaller lures,
    people lie to sell a lure, specially the expensive ones

try the 4 inch spro BBz1 and smaller
    like a 3 inch-storm swim shad in white
    on 6 # test, you'll catch a few

also some of the striper school lately had been on small shad
    kastmasters in silver, small, little ones are best

good luck
    eddie
    I have used small L-Trap Pearl Shad, was casting it. I wait the L-trap go sinking when you see the test line goes down, and then retrieve slowly. I caught one l.m.b. in East dam, not a striper. Dawg man.

It doesn't matter whether is big or small, a striper can bite big or small lure, if it go sinking to deep in the water instead of shallow shore.

Hey Matt, hows it going dawg. Nice selection of baits, sorry about the skunk.

Dude, you've been paying your dues bigtime on those baits and lake. It's going to pay off big for you soon. Like the arsenal you've accumulated.

ya i know the bass are deep right now... i bought that gill for later in the season i was just playing with it... and i know ill have better chances fishing smaller jigs and what not but i figure if i dont stop throwing big baits big momma will comer sooner than later...haha

ya this big bait buying has become addicting lol once i get my sir brush and can paint my baits ill proly wont buy as much...still got to get a few triple trouts for the collection though.. oh and rick its no reality check i know the patterns and i know ill have a lot better chance fishing deeper im just dialing in the swimbait tech. thats also why i fished the hudd most of the time cause id be able to cast it far and let it sink...

It does not matter if the bass are deep.
    If there's one thing I learned it's that there is still always one shallow fish on the water. It can just be tricky to find it sometimes.

You will get it Matt.
    I have a feeling that fishing there you might get pulled in the drink by something a bit bigger than your average swimbait LMB. Come spring those loud clakin' jointed baits will tear it up locally.

Remember to deadstick the heck out of those floaters too and twitch them when they're being followed. I've watched dieing floating fish and they don't move much besides their fins and drift with the wind. That's why thye put those feather tails on there to simulate the same thing. They only start running when they are being chased..
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 01-12-2009 at 07:43 AM.

thanks TJ! Ya theres always a few fish in the shallows...saw a bass swimming in proly 2 ft of water at dvl but it swam away as soon as it saw my shadow..

also im not in search for the stripers, mainly lookin for largemouth but if a striper wants to hit it im down to reel it in haha...thats what im waiting for tj.. SPAWN! The shellcracker is gonna kill it! The action on this this is awesome! It basically swims by itself...

Matt,

Sorry I didn't run into you Saturday...the kid and I opted for a boat.
    Had one Striper that flashed down deep under the Triple Trout, like 10 to 15 feet under the the bait. It wasn't one of the bigger models but a flash was better than nothing.

Saw a few shallow LMB in various areas but that was about it.
    I have to agree with the going deep method during winter.
    We need some more foul weather and soon.

Nice aresenal your putting together!

Tight lines to you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast