Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the REAL dvl report lol

Default the REAL dvl report lol

ok heres the real report lol i posted the "live" report before i got to the lake and when i got there i didnt have service haha...

so heres how the day went, i woke up this morning thinking that it was gonna be a good windy day to toss big baits...well i woke up and there was no wind at all!.. i packed up and went to the lake any way since i just want to toss big baits lol.
    on my way down there i stoped at last chance...kinda by accident, i wasnt planning on going there for some reason i wasnt thinking and exited the freeway towards last chance... when i realized it i was like WTF..oh well if anything ill just go to say whats up to chris and megan..little did i know id be spending money lol... now back to the lake
    heres a picture of the lake when i first got there.. no wind

i was throwing the 8" hudd most of the time since i new it wouldnt get stuck. i walked from the marina to the damn and back again. i saw one lil bass proly a 2 to 3 lber swimming close to shore...saw my shadow and swam away..
    heres the new toy i bought at last chance.. pretty much bought it for when april comes around but i just wanted to play with it..and its awesome! you can twitch it and slow roll it in twitching it is the best!

another view of the lake

and a pamaramic view

on my way out i stopped at the marina cove one last time. i was throwing the bbz slow sink and all i got was a follower...i think it was a lineside it looked longer and skinnier than a bass..it swam by fast and the water was kind of clouded from a passing boats wake on shore..but it was a FOLLOWER! one step closer haha...
    heres where i was when i got the follower

and at the end of the day...i dont know what else to do...oh well i tried always next time

haha thanks for reading guys..sorry the live report didnt come thru lol

oops forgot to add this..these are the baits i used today...all day lol
    Last edited by matt duarte; 01-10-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Default ....

nice try Matt... its hard to get those stripes to bite! Nice report, and even nicer artillery you have there, your due soon bro!...

Keep at it man!
    Get on a boat!
    Those shellcrackers are cool. Been wanting the sinking one for a while.
    I've seen big ol Perris bass chasing fat gills all over the surface out there before.

I have lot of success with that Shell Cracker at FPL and Perris

looks like a beautiful day out there...you'll get em' next time

Dude the lures are too big,
    the striper has been on smaller lures,
    people lie to sell a lure, specially the expensive ones

try the 4 inch spro BBz1 and smaller
    like a 3 inch-storm swim shad in white
    on 6 # test, you'll catch a few

also some of the striper school lately had been on small shad
    kastmasters in silver, small, little ones are best

good luck
    eddie

Quote Originally Posted by fishtacosmmm View Post
    people lie to sell a lure, specially the expensive ones

Maybe??

Its all going to be cost and profit!!!

Default The real report is

the fish are in 55-65 feet. Unless there are stormy conditions you are wasting your time walking the bank unless you are fishing for planter trout. Save that money you are spending on swimbaits at Last Chance and have them sell you some spoons and icejigs. With the savings go rent a boat with a meter on it and go out to where the fish really are and have been this time of year since the place opened...... DEEP IN WINTER. Sorry for the reality check, but those are the facts. Another alternative is get some buddies and go in on a Guide trip with ART/ART. They will put you on them. If they ever open that lake EARLY in the AM like a real lake you have a shot with the swimmers early. But since they dont, gotta go DOWNTOWN to get them. Rick Grover Anglers Marine

matt, everyone is right, USE smaller bait .
    we have had better luck on smaller bait.
    if you plan on using bigger bait, gooooooooooooooo deep bro.

i see you picked off a few swimmys i was eyeing for at last chance.lol

Default Ricks Right..

You need to go deep to find them. Id say 45-60 ft. Spoons, Ice Jigs, or Crig.

Hey Rick...wheres the Love??? Art/Art? What about Art/Art/Pete......?
    Sheesh!

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
    (909) 510-5679

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast