Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Luther King Tournamnet (Masters Qualifer) Jan 17-20th

Default Martin Luther King Tournamnet (Masters Qualifer) Jan 17-20th

The Martin Luther King Tournament will be held this coming weekend (January 17th-20th) here at Irvine Lake and once again the managment at Irvine Lake has gone all out. A huge load of big fish will be put into the lake prior to the tournament in a couple of different locations.

Once again the Martin Luther King Tournamnet is a MASTERS QUALIFIER! The top ten fish (anglers who enter the event) will earn a birth into the Master's Tournament. Not only will a shot at being in the Masters be up for grabs but some major loot (money) as well.

The entry fee for this event is only $10. The managment at Irvine felt that this was very reasonable due to the event being three days. The amount of money paid out will vary directly with the amount of people entered into the event.
    There will also be a raffle held each day of the event. The raffle will start promptly at 2:00pm! Be there or be square.. Shortly after the raffle we will annonce the winners. We ask that the winners stick around afterwards for pictures and information.

I hope to see everyone next weekend. I am very excited about this event because we are entering the prime of our Trout season and the lake has been prime for about a month now.Once again we will be putting TROPHY fish in for this event and Tim from Calavares assured me that their will be more brusiers in this load. So fill those reels with fresh line and stock up on your favorite trout offering.
    Good luck everyone,
    Jimmy

All with full tails?! Cindy. See you tomorrow. Hope you won lots of loot Jimmy, I need a fifty.
    Last edited by Mondo21; 01-10-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Default Mlk tournament

See you all there and happy fishing! I hope the same issues from the last tournament do not arise this next MLK weekend.

The issue you are referring to is being worked on. We are Going to be able to move the fish around this time due to the weather. Last time it was all mud and we could not move our fish around due to all the rains. However, I am borrowing an idea from another board member on moving fish around. I hope this helps everyone involved

Cindy I can not win any loot. I am not allowed to fish tournaments. No big deal though I am entering the all you can eat challange at the event and I plan on taking home the 1st place trophy..hahaha

Thank you for all the efforts being made by the Vine staff to ensure there is not a repeat of what happend at the December tourney....personally I think if the fish were planted say Wednesday or Thursday there would be no need to have multiple stocking sites. Thanks for hearing me out.

See you there,

TD

If you put a few in my way out there on the water I won't mind at all.

is this event going to be $10 on top of the $22 entry fee ($32 entrance) or just a $10 entrance fee? because the numbers dont come out right.. seems like they'll be losing money.. haha.

$22 entry plus optional $10 optional tourney fee.

100% of all tourney fees are paid out, I think thats very cool.

TD

Props on going the extra yard this time Jimmy. Looking foward to it.

Default 3 days

The 17 - 20 would be four days ............
    the 17th 18th 19th 20th ..........
    what gives ??????????
    G man

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast