Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic lake jan 8 west ramp and lagoon

Default Castaic lake jan 8 west ramp and lagoon

i got up to castaic on thurday, I started at the lagoon for 3 hours with swimbaits with no fish. then i moved to the west ramp, lots of trout. my first two casts i got strike but no hook ups. then i moved to the rocks right of the dock and saw at least 40 trout swimming in a group circling the dock area when i casted my PB, the fish would rejected. i went to my car and i frgot my 2 lb leader. luckily, my dad brought a UL rod with 4 lb test and i started catching trout on the PB. these two guys next to me caught them on every cast with little jigs. i ended my trip with 3 trout and my dad with one.

saw a bass
    the school of fish was HUGE

thats all

congrats on catching the striper candy,,,,,

I hope you made sure to see what kind/style/color of jigs they were using so that you can go get the same ones?

Congrats on your catches and thanks for the report.

any signs of striper activity ?

congrats on the trouts...

stitch the PB next time or even "swim" it, i've had 'em take it that way when they would not otherwise...

BUT...get da stripey....chuck dat "BIG BAIT"

Good luck

Default What Up?

Hey Swimbait, was that you with the Powerbait fishing next to me? Did you ever get that Largie to eat your Huddie? We had a Striper casualty in the A.M. and then it got quiet so I had to get the flyrod and jig out. We did some major damage within an hour on that school of Trout.

i tried to chuck the hudd but no takers

DKCbassman, that was me if i was the guy with the glasses and got tangled in you line.
    you and your friend were slaying those trout like crazy, i never saw that bass again

Default Yeah Buddy

That was me Swimbait101! Good job moving around the lake. It's funny watching all the guys in the corner at MainRamp trying to catch 2 1/2 week old Trout that have been beaten up.

all of the trout i got were missing body parts
    what fly pattern were you using?
    i remember seeing that BIG trout look at my PB
    when i got in the car with my dad to leave, i remembered i have crappie jig and road runners like the ones you and your friend were using
    Last edited by swimbait101; 01-10-2009 at 04:35 PM.

nice going, atleast u got some trout, i was just there on thursday and got boned! no fish at all! we looked for it all in the main lake and all we got was a bunch of nothing.

at the west ramp?