Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2009 Freshwater Skunk Gone!

Default 2009 Freshwater Skunk Gone! (Pics now included and better report)

3rd time fishing this year, this time went to eldo for a quick 2 hour session before I had to work. Arrived and saw tons of fishermen and photographers also. Many didn't have licenses but the park ranger did his job later on.

I fished a white powerworm with 1/8oz egg sinker and landed my first (freshwater) fish of the year within 10 minutes, went deep sea on tuesday so i had tons of fish in the freezer (zxibit fished with us deep sea), so i decided to hand it over to some guy. Met an older person named John fishing and I gave him my 2nd fish.

These trout were just slamming the white powerworm, engulfing them deep! both bled bad. Saw few others catch some too. Gave some tips to a guy and his younger sister Liz... gave them some of the white worms, mosquito hooks and egg sinkers.

Trout were small but full beautiful tails and the fight was great! Have pictures, but not anything special, just John holding my fish and another of one on the ground

Casted my new set up too! cumara/curado 200E5, extremely light setup! Bass skunk will be next to be eliminated hopefully! maybe puddingstone saturday after work! (Update, changed the reel to the Chronarch I got today, Curado is going on the custom rod I have being built)

Beautiful tails on these tiny bass food

This is John holding the 2nd fish I caught
    Last edited by a biley; 01-09-2009 at 06:14 PM.

GREAT job getting the new year started out right bro.

just changed the curado out with a chronarch... super light now!!! my custom phenix should be ready in a month or so thats where the curado will be on

Nice job on the trout a biley. Also let's see that Phenix rod when it's done.

Nice trouts thanks for the pics and report.

Bigred