Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Stella Sale

Default Stella Sale

Just a heads up if your in the market for a stella fa or fb. Longfin has them on sale for 380. About 150 bucks off. I wish i had the money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    Just a heads up if your in the market for a stella fa or fb. Longfin has them on sale for 380. About 150 bucks off. I wish i had the money for it.
    that price sound like the 07 or 08 1000 model
    if they can drop the price lower i'll take it
    and i know they can go lower than that and still make some$$$
    Last edited by sesgia; 01-10-2009 at 12:22 AM.

hmmmmmmm.............tempting

Quote Originally Posted by sesgia View Post
    that price sound like the 07 or 08 1000 model
    if they can drop the price lower i'll take it
    and i know they can go lower than that and still make some$$$
    I am sure they can drop the price and still make money....but the prices are set by Shimano and Longfin had to get approval to offer them at this price!!!! It is all part of the agreement in order to be a Shimano dealer.

I just picked up the Stradic 1000FI 2009 model for 130 including tax/shipping etc...

Ebay baby...

Hey guys stopped by Jimmy's Outdoors in Orange last night and noticed that they have the new stella "FD" models for the lowest price I have seen anywhere!! They had the Stella 3000 FD, which retails for $699, for $480.......thats like 200 bucks off!!!!!

Thought I would let you guys know if you are in the market for a Stella you might consider Jimmy's in Orange.

sonarbp

Quote Originally Posted by sonarbp View Post
    I am sure they can drop the price and still make money....but the prices are set by Shimano and Longfin had to get approval to offer them at this price!!!! It is all part of the agreement in order to be a Shimano dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonarbp View Post
    Hey guys stopped by Jimmy's Outdoors in Orange last night and noticed that they have the new stella "FD" models for the lowest price I have seen anywhere!! They had the Stella 3000 FD, which retails for $699, for $480.......thats like 200 bucks off!!!!!

Thought I would let you guys know if you are in the market for a Stella you might consider Jimmy's in Orange.

sonarbp
    see if the price is set by shimano it should not go that low. as for the stella 1000 i have seen it in many place and the lowest price i have seen is under 350

I know...that is what I said to the guys at the shop. They insisted that the price was right!!!! They told me even though it was listed higher in the book they are willing to move the reels thay have at this price.

Any one remember the charkbait/Shimano fiasco a few years back???

http://www.charkbait.com/

Charkbait quit selling Shimano cus they wouldnt come down on their price fixing...
    Nothing good said about Shimano at Charkbait now, kinda funny..
    Charkbait is a very high volume dealer and wanted a price edge...

Shimano sets their retail prices via contract to retailers.. They say every one sells at the same "fair" price that way????

Unless a retailer is going to stop selling Shimano or Shimano drops the price to blow out old models...
    All Shimano prices will be pretty close to the same... Only thing retailers have to work with is "their" profit margin....