Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Short report Nice Day at the Vine' 01/08/09

Default Short report Nice Day at the Vine' 01/08/09

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	9634

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0338.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	9635Well got to the my favorite lake this cold and glorious morning around 545am. I had my own boat so I wasn't in a rush. I am new to trolling for fish. Started the morning out trolling a Rapala CD-03 in a fire tiger pattern along the west shore and Trout Island with no takers. I stopped trolling around 930am to do some dropshotting at my favorite cove in the West Shore. Caught these two fishes and that was it for me. I farmed liked three of them nothing big though. Seems like the bigger fish are being caught by trollers these days. I went out Tuesday and overheard and 11 pound fish caught by a guy trolling a N/C at Trout Island and some other couple also caught and but farmed a double digit fish trolling a CD03blue and silver Kinda of a tough bite for me today. I'm used to limiting out in two hours. Still a day fishing beats any day at work. Here are some pics as well. [
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	9636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0334.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	9637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0335.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	9638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0336.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	9639   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0337.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	9640  

two trout, all their fins....better than some of the deformed triploids i see from other lakes. That is why the pull nice and hard.

Hardly no boats on the lake?
    My favorite time to hit the lake, fish or no fish.
    Having the lake all to yourself is the best.
    Good times....

I'm liking the tails on those fish right there, thanks for the post and welcome to the board!

You should sign up for a free photobucket account to store and post your pictures, I think you'll like it check it out.

Once again welcome!

TD

Thanks guys for the welcome being one of my first post in all Jbro, Troutdog, SteveH!

troutdog: Thanks bro for the welcome! Yeah I'll look into the photobucket account to store my pics!

Steve H: Heck yeah fishing the lake during the week is sweet if you can get out there. Weekends are cool too if you have no other choice. Thanks for the response!!

Jbro: Yeah the bigger one pulled hard! I thought it was a bigger fish it fought so hard. Can't wait for those silver bullets Jimmy wrote about last week!!

Until next time
    tight lines everyone!!!

Ahhh, no secret on these forums, that is my favorite lake too :) Welcom and thanks for the report! Try th elarger lures...easier for the fish to see and come up and hit them...move up to CD-05's and use scent. That should bring the fish for you on the troll!! Good luck and don't give up!!!

Nicely done Kel,, How did the water look? Is it clearing up at all?

Good job punking the skunk. Thanks for the report.