Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eisenhower Poacher 01/07/2009

Default Eisenhower Poacher 01/07/2009

I went to Eisenhower today, during my lunch break, to relax and take walk around the lake. Looking accross the lake, I saw this guy with a big bendo. I 've seen this man fishing here several times before.

He landed a largemouth bass about 4 lbs and proceed to put it in his cooler. I walked over and pretended that I didn't see the whole thing. I asked him if he has caught anything. He lied, saying: " a small catfish". So I said: " I saw you put that bass in the cooler, let him go man. Do the right thing, you can't keep a bass here."

He just stared accross the lake and ignored me so I said: " You don't even have a license, I am calling DFG right now".

He then picked up his stuff and started leaving, pulling his cart with the cooler that contains the bass. I followed him all the way to the parking lot, telling him to let the bass go. He tried to bullshit about let's just get along. There was another fisherman there throwing crankbait for bass, he helped me stayed cool.

Anyway, this poacher is a black man in his late sixties or seventies. He's about 6'2 or a little taller. He usually pull his stuff in a two wheel cart. He pulled out of the parking lot in a small black GMC truck with a black shell. If you fish Eisenhower often, you probadly have seen him. It you see him out there, let him know what an ******* he is.
    Last edited by JD1174; 01-07-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Did you happen to see what he caught it on...?

Default Live Trout

He uses Live Trout. Goldfish and BlueGill during the off season. He's been dealt with before and that's probably why he left. He was FORCED to release a fish last year. Just get plates and turn him in. DFG Dave will love it. (That's the DFG guy in that area).

His knee caps need to be shot at while he is blind-folded... ha ha But seriously, that does suck. Should of threw his whole cooler in the water

Nice job getting all the pertinent info and keeping your cool. Hopefully that bass will cost him a lot of money in the near future.

JUST call Next time, don't ask :)... if he tries to leave, get his license plate number and give it to dfg :)

WTG JD1174! Next time just call DFG. Don't warn the guy...so he doesn't leave until DFG gets there. Or like the others say get his license plate number and give it to DFG. Good job mang.

Greaty job, thanks for being our eyes and ears. Karma will get him!

Japo

Yep, seen him before.
    He was throwing a big popper last time I saw him.
    Good thing he didn't catch anything.

Next time call DFG first and then screw with the guy so the warden has time to get there and regulate. Also, if he bails make sure to get his license plate number, description of clothing etc. and give it to the DFG - they will look for the guy and pull him over on the road if they find him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast