Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raise of prices

Default raise of prices

Lobster report card is now 8.40
    fishing lic. 42.00

my fishing license is paid back to me in the price of lobster on the first dive ..

i used to complain about fishing license prices but then a friend put it in to perspective for me .. here is what he said .. think about it this way .. if you went into the store and bought 2 lobster 1.5 lbs each for 14.99 a lb that is already $45.00 and your allowed 7 bugs per day limit .. most bugs average 2lbs and up to 12lbs when you find a big one ... to me its worth it .. after i thought about this i never complained about the license price again

oh no I agree totally. I was just letting people know.

they're also county lock up orange and needed to manage our fisheries so our kids and their kids can enjoy our great lil hobby...

true fisherman...after the hunt not the catch..

2009 I'm making the promise of catch and release of the breeding stock all species!!! they don't taste as good anyways...

tight lines...

I gladly pay for the license each year until this post!!!!!

Now that I do the Math you are all throwing out there I have to take another look at it in the future!!!!!!

I paid for my licenses last year!!

General $38.85
    Salt $4.45
    Lobster(2) $15.80 me and my son
    ______
    Total $59.10

I caught and released well over 500 fish this year.

I kept only 1 legal of 10 Halibut that went just short of 18 lbs.
    I kept all of my very legal 21 Lobsters!!!! Some to 7 lb. but we will go with the 2 lb average.

Halibut Market price? $10.99? x 18lb = $197.82
    Ca Spiney Lobster ? $14.99 x 21(2 lb) = $629.58
    ______
    $727.40
    License fees $59.10
    ______
    Looks like I came out well on the plus side + 668.30

Now that I did that math I am pissed as I should have taken that income and invested in a lifetime license and bought the accessories!!!

Oh well there is next year!!!!!!!!!

And if we employ 1 more Warden with the small increase in price it will be worth it.!!!!!!

So we might have to hold off on purchasing that nice new $3.00 reel we were all looking forward to and will have to hold of on getting now that the prices of the license went up!!!!!!!

Good luck in 2009 all!!!!!!!!

Steve

My edit. All the numbers lined up nicely in the preview but don't in the post. I think you will all get it though!!!!
    Last edited by flyngby; 01-08-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Lobster at $14.99 per lb.? Where? $26.00 per lb where I live..

a fishing license with saltwater enhancement stamp costs roughly TWELVE CENTS a day, since they're good for a year. IMHO, its a small price to pay to help support the DFG...especially now when they're also subject to state budget cuts...

If you don't factor in the money spent on gear, or charter/boat fees, or gas to drive back and forth to your fishing spots, or entrance fees to pay lakes, or skiff rental fees, or all the time spent on the water, TWELVE CENTS a day is pretty still affordable. It all depends on how you look at it!
    Last edited by fish_sauce; 01-14-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowlfrogg View Post
    Lobster report card is now 8.40
    fishing lic. 42.00

actually, the price of the annual is $45.95, thats with the "so cal" stamp....so at minimum, if u want to fish lakes and ocean (here in so cal), its $45.95

GD

Quote Originally Posted by fish_sauce View Post
    a fishing license with saltwater enhancement stamp costs roughly TWELVE CENTS a day, since they're good for a year. IMHO, its a small price to pay to help support the DFG...especially now when they're also subject to state budget cuts...

If you don't factor in the money spent on gear, or charter/boat fees, or gas to drive back and forth to your fishing spots, or entrance fees to pay lakes, or skiff rental fees, or all the time spent on the water, TWELVE CENTS a day is pretty still affordable. It all depends on how you look at it!
    Never thought about it that way...thanks

GD

Think how cheaply you could actually fish:

a) fishing license is $.12 cents per day

b) walk or take the bus ( monthly pass ) to your spot

c) make bait by prying off muscles from local docks or digging sand crabs

d) no need to buy tackle- just walk a local lake once a year and collect all the hooks and lures discarded

e) no need to buy a rod and reel- just wrap line around a coke can-Baja style

f) discard Hakaveli's phone number and save on future fishing equipment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast