Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I cheated on my best girl @ LNL 1/2/09....

Default I cheated on my best girl @ LNL 1/2/09....

Well at least thats how it felt when we opted for another flavor of OC paylake fishing. Rather than go to the Vine my buddy Cruz and his Dad wanted to hit Laguna Niguel for the day, I figured it might be a good idea to keep my skills honed at a less familiar lake for a change.

The guys beat me to the spot after I realized I forgot my cell phone and had to turn back around after getting on the fwy! Oh well no big deal as they picked a great spot adjacent to the launching ramp, it was a little tight with two rods each but we made it work to the tune of limits and near limits of quality bows...

CruzJr was a little pumped when he was first to punk the skunk

About 30 minutes later CruzSr got his pb bow on a chartruese powermouse....congrats dude! (Can someone photoshop a USC hat on him please ....thank you! )

I missed a fish or two in the first couple hours, while the father and son team of C&C added another one each and then we had a short lull in the action. The funny part was when the guys(admitted newbies) started acting like they felt all bad for me or something...I simply told them that the fishing gods were playing by the rules. I mean they got to the spot first, waited in line longer than I had to, endured the darkest/coldest part of the morning etc., so they paid their dues and were basically being rewarded. After my little speech the guy next to us says, "hey dude your bobber" and a few minutes later I landed this nice chunky bow!

There was an armada of tubers at the lake last Friday, those in the know were doing very well out there.....

The gentleman to our left caught this one, the larger models were all around this size....nice hard fighting fish

I wish I could recall this gentleman's name....very cool guy and enjoyable to fish with. Congrats on the limit!

These anglers were on our right and enjoyed the hot bite as well

To the right of them a family of four SLAYED the fish...way to go guys!

This youngster was the official "net man"....priceless shot imo

FNN was definitely represented at LNL Friday, had the pleasure of meeting BSP....thanks for introducing yourself Mark. More people should follow your lead and extend a handshake when you see a fellow FNN member, WTG.

Also got a chance to meet with FNN member 50/50...nice fish Adam!!!

I thought I was going to get the trifecta, but it wasn't to be....although this guys coulda won the Bruce Watson look-a-like contest hands down!Bruce I hope you are doing well and wish you good health in 2009!

After taking some pictures, I decided to grab a pb&j sandwich and take a seat for a bit...that was short lived when I saw my indicator getting jiggy with it and I sprung into action shoving my sandwhich into my hoodie pocket( ) while setting the hook on another strong fighting trout! Plastics were killing the bigger models..."think pink" was the theme.

We did pretty darn good out there....

Nice fish TeamC&C!

After the guys left around 4pm I put one more quality bow on the stringer and finished up with a total of four fish, three over 3lbs each!

I went to the Vine the next day to try and make ammends

Thanks for reading and have a great new year....see you at the lake!

TD

Sometimes cheaters do prosper...
    Don't worry Aaron, the next time you fork out the entry fee, Lady Irvine will forgive you.
    Those are some great looking Trout.

Nice post! Shhh....I won't tell about the cheating!

NIce going out there bro!!!

NOW THAT,S A QUALITY POST!!!!!!!!!!
    WTG out there ,,Nice Trout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for all the pics and info

i read the title and was like what??? lol great report aaron. those are some nice bows you got there at lnl.

One of the best posts among many! Awsome pics........

Those are some nice fish. Way to go out there

Great report TD, nice fish too. I see that lake has those fugly stickers like your "best girl" does......

Nice fish brother!

Nice report, Aaron! WTG on the trouts!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast