Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steelers

15 46.88%
  • Chargers

17 53.13%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chargers at Pittsburgh!

Quote Originally Posted by hughpam View Post
    I'll take the bet! Chargers have a new plan. Golf the rest of the month.

Ben will be fine. He holds records for too much to be down. If we had played Denver and Oakland, we would have looked good too.

See ya next year!
    But we just played the Colts and beat them when you boy Ben lost to them with the costly turnovers towards the end of that game. If my memory serves me right, I believe that was in Pittsburg too. It should be a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetfish View Post
    Hey Japo,

If the Chargers do pull this off like I think they will, I am personally going to drive down to the Chargers facility in Murphy Canyon to greet them when they come back. Ron Rivera will have an answer for the Steelers' offense. I just hope that Norv will have a solution to the Steelers' Powerful Defense.

Go Bolts.
    I believe that you will be making a long drive, sweetfish. Let's hope so!

Japo

So will Vincent Jackson play? Nice team spirit.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category.asp?C=149651

"Breaking News Alert: Chargers Wide Receiver Vincent Jackson Arrested For DUI
    Posted: Jan 6, 2009 03:11 PM
    Updated: Jan 6, 2009 03:20 PM

Just five days before the Chargers take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in a must-win showdown, one of their star players is in trouble with the law. Wide receiver Vincent Jackson was booked at the county jail early Tuesday morning.

News 8 is reporting that Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson has been arrested for DUI. Details are still being revealed, however it is believed Jackson was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol on Highway 52 near Interstate 805 around 4 a.m. Monday.

Jackson was booked at the county central jail and released Tuesday morning.

Jackson's play was one of the brighter spots to the Chargers season. The wide out had 59 catches for over 1000 yards and 7 touchdowns - clearly his best season with the team.

There's no telling yet what effect his arrest will have on Sunday's game."

Chargers will win. Beleive me you dont want to play the SD Chargers if youre an NFL team! The Bolts have been peeking and playing their hardest and most intense defensive and offense all year.

I have been to every home game this year and havent seen the team play with this much intensity in the last 10 years. This team is peeking at the right time and Pitt is not firing on all cylinders.

Bolts by 7 points.

Later; Big Ed!

Im sorry to say,but the steelers are are full strenght !
    San diego will get 0wned !
    Our weather,our home,our game!

I totally agree that was a stupid manuever on Jackson's part and could have a huge outcome to Sunday's play. He makes enough money to hire a limo or even get a cab. Stupid, right before a big game. Believe me, I think this should have been avoided and would have if we had Marty still as a coach. I just hope that Norv does something about it and sends the right message for Jackson is some type of role model for the kids in the area. I still think Norv will have some schemes to put the Chargers in position to win on Sunday.

Go Bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that the Steelers are the AIG of the NFL... If it looks like they're going down, the officials will take over and ensure the "correct" outcome.

Watch the game. If you're not a Chargers fan, it will be a hilarious. Steelers' post season games are to the sport of football what Friday Night Smackdown is to the sport of boxing...
    Haha, ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetfish View Post
    I totally agree that was a stupid manuever on Jackson's part and could have a huge outcome to Sunday's play. He makes enough money to hire a limo or even get a cab. Stupid, right before a big game. Believe me, I think this should have been avoided and would have if we had Marty still as a coach. I just hope that Norv does something about it and sends the right message for Jackson is some type of role model for the kids in the area. I still think Norv will have some schemes to put the Chargers in position to win on Sunday.

Go Bolts.
    Ditto sweetfish, plus we have Floyd, if he's full strength. We have plenty of talent, though Jackson was a force. Apparently, he blew below the limt, but was on probation, so the NFL might throw the book at him. Our best hope, if that happens, is that he will appeal and buy some time. Also, I understand that the NFL has a "hotline" that a player can call if he needs assistance. Dumb move!

Japo

Quote Originally Posted by HBJapo View Post
    Ditto sweetfish, plus we have Floyd, if he's full strength. We have plenty of talent, though Jackson was a force. Apparently, he blew below the limt, but was on probation, so the NFL might throw the book at him. Our best hope, if that happens, is that he will appeal and buy some time. Also, I understand that the NFL has a "hotline" that a player can call if he needs assistance. Dumb move!

Japo
    I just wonder if Floyd is heathly and 100 percent ready to go, who are they going to put inactive for this week? L.T. maybe?

Hey Japo or Big Ed,

I just was informed that Jackson was below the blood-alcohol limit (.04). He states that it may have been from a cold medicine, and he was taken in because of his probation. Is there any truth to this? I hope so because that would make the media so wrong for not getting their facts straight when posting a story.

Go Bolts

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast