Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: due to spots being overfished I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    i sort of agree.

but for one i think if you don't want to inform people of "your spot" then post your reports in the photo section and not in the reports section.

i persoanlly have been bashed for posting so much information on my posts, but what is a report for unless you are trying to inform others of your good luck on certain bodys of water.

I can say i would not be the fisherman i am today without the help of many of the people on this site.

even to this day i seek the great information from the many minds on this site, so far everyone has been nothing but nice and easyly gave me information.

when someone shows me the "spot" and ask's me not to say anything on where it is then i will just not make a report and just enjoy my day out fishing, but otherwise i'll give as much info as i can.

Other times i'll tell someone to meet up with me and i'll give them some tips and help them out with the fishing at castaic, but i'll tell them that if they fish with me they must promise me that they will throw every bass back. If they want to keep bass then they can do it on there own fishing trips. I'll also inform them as to why i C&R every LMB i catch.

it's sort of like a cycle of knowledge, the wise man lets the novice know his ways and then the cycle will hopefully continue. I was taught so therefore i will teach and hopefully they will teach the next person and so forth and so on.
    Yo Raylo..sup homie.....nice reply man....i just dont agree with the part about unless you give up your spot, don't post a report. People should NOT get upset that someone doesnt give out the location as to where they were fishing if they choose not to...if they post a report, they are contributing to FNN, and if they choose not to post location, that does not change that fact....the main issue is with the lurkers, who do NOTHING for this board, who come in, get info, then leave. And who knows how many of them even fish legally, and obey the DFG rules, ya know....

anyways, have a great one homeboy

GD

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    Yo Raylo..sup homie.....nice reply man....i just dont agree with the part about unless you give up your spot, don't post a report. People should NOT get upset that someone doesnt give out the location as to where they were fishing if they choose not to...if they post a report, they are contributing to FNN, and if they choose not to post location, that does not change that fact....the main issue is with the lurkers, who do NOTHING for this board, who come in, get info, then leave. And who knows how many of them even fish legally, and obey the DFG rules, ya know....

anyways, have a great one homeboy

GD
    im more so talking about the ones who shade out all the pics and some people who wont even say what body of water they fished.

whats the point???

i'm not talking gps locations hahaha just general areas like i fished the Dam or i fished the northeast section of the lake yadda yadda yadda

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    im more so talking about the ones who shade out all the pics and some people who wont even say what body of water they fished.

whats the point???

i'm not talking gps locations hahaha just general areas like i fished the Dam or i fished the northeast section of the lake yadda yadda yadda

GPS locations...nice....

GD

lizzay, you don't have a boat do you? if you don't want to talk about the creek behind your house, don't talk about it. its lame to come on here an announce that you're no longer giving up info. what's the point, are you being hounded for info? i'm not going to cry about people who need to post a photo for recognition but can't talk about anything else approaching a "report" but there is a section for exactly that kind of deal. i think people can't stand using that section because not enough people will see your brag shot like they will when you post in the report section. i'll take as much or as little info as people want to give but its pretty funny to try to split the difference by making "reports" with no actual info. if that's the deal, just lurk, you're not contributing anything more than they are.

i kinda agree with the whole poachers are always looking on this website to get info and tips thing. if someone shares too much, low and behold,they also show up at your special spot and they dont give a f@$! if they take 5 or 30 fish. lord know they never catch and release! as far as sharing tips and learning a few things i think its a cool website. thanks!

It's definitely a "learn the hard way" situation with good spots and message boards.

I keep my spots between me and my circle of fishing buddies from here and otherwise. A lot of the spots I fish are from intel gathered from other folks here.

Just from this small circle, we're talking about maybe 10 people. Then you figure in their friends and family...that's quite a few people. If you figure there might be 10 people (at the VERY least) watching this board and don't contribute...It's really a good idea to keep the exact location of your honey holes to yourself.

I saw the amount of people fishing a spot at a local lake multiply by at least 5 after posting particulars here. Right down to the exact baits.

I say tell people they're biting at Lake X...They can try and figure it out from there. Either that or forge some friendships with some folks.
    Last edited by BakoBassin; 01-06-2009 at 01:59 PM.

I don't think all lurkers are poachers and all poachers are probably not lurkers. Poacher is a pretty strong word to be using for anyone who shows up at YOUR secret spot.

What's Going On?
    Currently Active Users: 109 (44 members and 65 guests)

I believe there are good reports and bad reports out there. A good report give a brief description of the condition of the weather/ water/ fish/ etc on a specific day. That gives all fellow anglers the understanding to minimize what to take out during that day to a specific lake. Although a report might influence many to go to that specific lake, and it's not for poaching in mind but simply to have better chances in catching fish. I also agree that some are just straight poachers, but i guess it's how many who tries to learn how to fish or don't know how to fish aproaches. That is the first question they ask: "How can i catch fish?" or "I want to catch alot of bass like you did, so where was the location? or what lure did you use?".... Just a thought...

So thinking positively,

No need to report a specific spot or exactly the detail, but the lake/ condition and some blur pics or pics that doesn't show much of your spot would be nice :)

Quote Originally Posted by lurk 182 View Post
    lizzay, you don't have a boat do you? if you don't want to talk about the creek behind your house, don't talk about it. its lame to come on here an announce that you're no longer giving up info. what's the point, are you being hounded for info? i'm not going to cry about people who need to post a photo for recognition but can't talk about anything else approaching a "report" but there is a section for exactly that kind of deal. i think people can't stand using that section because not enough people will see your brag shot like they will when you post in the report section. i'll take as much or as little info as people want to give but its pretty funny to try to split the difference by making "reports" with no actual info. if that's the deal, just lurk, you're not contributing anything more than they are.
    I am with you on that ..

Why come on and create a topic of "I am not sharing my spots anymore"?? You wont post your fishing spots but you will post that you wont post your spots.. I dont get it.

Seems to me that was a form of social suicide.. Good luck to you..

Frankly I could care less about the spots people fish in. Of course its good to know what lakes, streams and rivers are producing and even better to see some pictures, but poaching peoples spots is not why I come here.. Not to mention that I almost always release everything I catch in fresh water.....

Except for bass!
    Last edited by slief; 01-06-2009 at 02:55 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast